Affiliation: University Hospital of North Norway
- Candidate mucosal and surrogate biomarkers of inflammatory bowel disease in the era of new technologyJon Florholmen
Research Group of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø and University Hospital North Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1407-17. 2011..There is a great need of biomarkers for prediction of clinical outcome and prognostic biomarker for prediction of therapeutic effects in IBD. Although the biomarker concept is old, so far very few really useful biomarkers exist in IBD...
- Risk of malnutrition is associated with mental health symptoms in community living elderly men and women: the Tromsø studyJan Magnus Kvamme
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 11:112. 2011....
- Evaluation of absolute quantitation by nonlinear regression in probe-based real-time PCRRasmus Goll
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Tromso, Norway
BMC Bioinformatics 7:107. 2006..However, the calculation method has not been evaluated systematically and has not previously been applied to a TaqMan platform...
- A rapid chemokine response of macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1α, MIP-1β and the regulated on activation, normal T expressed and secreted chemokine is associated with a sustained virological response in the treatment of chronic hepatitis CJ Florholmen
Laboratory of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:204-9. 2011..In conclusion, an early MIP-1α, MIP-1β, and RANTES response may predict a sustained response to virological treatment...
- Increased frequency of antral CD4 T and CD19 B cells in patients with Helicobacter pylori-related peptic ulcer diseaseR Goll
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Immunol 61:92-7. 2005..In conclusion, distinct differences in the T-cell subset distribution of mucosal lymphocytes were detected in patients with HP infection, strongly correlated with the presence or absence of peptic ulcer...
- Alterations in antral cytokine gene expression in peptic ulcer patients during ulcer healing and after Helicobacter pylori eradicationR Goll
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Medical Faculty, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Immunol 67:57-62. 2008..However, after eradication a chronic low-grade inflammation was seen with reduced Th1, prolonged Th2 and disappearance of the T-regulatory response...
- Improvement of real-time polymerase chain reaction for quantifying TNF-alpha mRNA expression in inflamed colorectal mucosa: an approach to optimize procedures for clinical useG Cui
Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 66:249-59. 2006..The aim of this study was to optimize the laboratory procedure for biopsy sampling, storage and calibration of result for TNF-alpha mRNA quantification with real-time PCR of colorectal biopsies...
- Delayed clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins in young, healthy obese subjectsM A Larsen
Research Group of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Clin Obes 5:349-57. 2015..Fasting serum triglyceride in upper normal level predicted delayed postprandial triglyceride clearance and insulin resistance. ..
- The systemic load and efficient delivery of active 5-aminosalicylic acid in patients with ulcerative colitis on treatment with olsalazine or mesalazineG Støa-Birketvedt
Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Tromso, Norway
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:357-61. 1999..There have been reports of nephrotoxic reactions in patients with ulcerative colitis treated with 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) preparations...