Affiliation: University of Oslo
- The carboxyl-terminal domains of IgA and IgM direct isotype-specific polymerization and interaction with the polymeric immunoglobulin receptorRanveig Braathen
Laboratory of Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 277:42755-62. 2002..This recombinant molecule formed J chain-containing pentamers that could, like IgA, efficiently form covalent complexes with the human pIgR ectodomain, known as secretory component...
- Identification of a polymeric Ig receptor binding phage-displayed peptide that exploits epithelial transcytosis without dimeric IgA competitionRanveig Braathen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology LIIPAT, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 281:7075-81. 2006..This implied that the C9A peptide sequence may be exploited for pIgR-mediated epithelial transport without interfering with secretory immunity...
- Secretory antibody formation: conserved binding interactions between J chain and polymeric Ig receptor from humans and amphibiansRanveig Braathen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Immunol 178:1589-97. 2007..These results showed that the functional site of interaction between pIgR, J chain and Ig H chains is conserved in these species and suggests that SIgs originated in an ancestor common to tetrapods...
- Heterodimeric barnase-barstar vaccine molecules: influence of one versus two targeting units specific for antigen presenting cellsHeidi Cecilie Larsen Spång
Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Immunology, University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e45393. 2012..In combination with the easy cloning strategy, the heterodimeric barnase-barstar vaccine molecule could provide a flexible platform for development of novel DNA vaccines with increased potency...
- Ectodomains 3 and 4 of human polymeric Immunoglobulin receptor (hpIgR) mediate invasion of Streptococcus pneumoniae into the epitheliumChristine Elm
GBF German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Braunschweig 38124, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:6296-304. 2004..Finally, blocking experiments with chimeric human-mouse SC as well as synthetic peptides indicated the participation of D3 and a key role of D4 in pneumococcal invasion...
- Identification of residues in the Cmu4 domain of polymeric IgM essential for interaction with Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 (PfEMP1)Ashfaq Ghumra
Institute of Genetics, Queens Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:1988-2000. 2008..We have therefore shown that PfEMP1 is an Fc-binding protein of malaria parasites specific for polymeric human IgM, and that it shows functional similarities with Fc-binding proteins from pathogenic bacteria...