Affiliation: University of Bergen
- Sexual assault and other types of violence in intimate partner relationshipsKjersti Alsaker
Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:301-7. 2012..To investigate whether sexual assaults are more likely to co-occur with some types of abuse rather than others in violent intimate relationships...
- Low health-related quality of life among abused womenKjersti Alsaker
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen and Bergen University College, Kalfarveien 31, 5018, Bergen, Norway
Qual Life Res 15:959-65. 2006..Health care workers must give priority to developing intervention plans for victims of violence from intimate partners...
- Threats and acts of intimate partner violence reported by users at Norwegian women's sheltersKjersti Alsaker
Faculty of Medicine, Research Group for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Interpers Violence 26:950-70. 2011..A self-administered questionnaire was sent to all the women's shelters. Experiences of violence were measured by The Severity of Violence against Women Scale (SVAWS) and the Psychological Maltreatment of Women Index (PMWI)...
- How Has Living with Intimate Partner Violence Affected the Work Situation? A Qualitative Study among Abused Women in NorwayKjersti Alsaker
Department of Social Education and Social Work, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bergen University College, Møllendalsveien 6 8, Postboks 7030, 5020 Bergen, Norway National Centre for Emergency Primary Health Care, Uni Research Health, Bergen, Norway
J Fam Violence 31:479-487. 2016..Having their own money provided security and strengthened the belief that they could manage on their own. The spillover of intimate partner violence problems appeared through feelings of fear, shame and guilt at work...
- Menstrual characteristics and night work among nursesBente E Moen
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Norway
Ind Health 53:354-60. 2015..Furthermore, no associations were found between cycle length or bleeding period and night work parameters. No associations were found between menstrual characteristics and SWD...
- Emergency primary care personnel's perception of professional-patient interaction in aggressive incidents -- a qualitative studyTone Morken
National Centre for Emergency Primary Health Care, Uni Research Health, Kalfarveien 31, 5018, Bergen, Norway
BMC Fam Pract 17:54. 2016..Most previous studies have focused on risk factors such as characteristics of patient, health personnel or situation. This study aimed to explore professional-patient interaction in aggressive situations...
- Dealing with workplace violence in emergency primary health care: a focus group studyTone Morken
National Centre for Emergency Primary Health Care, Uni Research Health, Bergen, Norway
BMC Fam Pract 16:51. 2015..In the current study, we therefore explored how EPC personnel have dealt with threats and violence from visitors or patients, focusing on how organizational factors affected the incidents...
- Health-related quality of life and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in accident and emergency attenders suffering from psychosocial crises: a longitudinal studyMette Senneseth
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Norway
J Adv Nurs 68:402-13. 2012..This paper is a report of a study of health-related quality of life and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in patients attending an Accident and Emergency department because of psychosocial crises...