Affiliation: Norwegian Polar Institute
- Food web magnificaton of persistent organic pollutants in poikilotherms and homeothermsHaakon Hop
Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø
Environ Sci Technol 36:2589-97. 2002..The Barents Sea FWMFs were generally comparable to those determined for marine food webs with similar food chain lengths in the Canadian Arctic...
- Bioaccumulation of PCBs in Arctic seabirds: influence of dietary exposure and congener biotransformationKatrine Borgå
Norwegian Polar Institute, N 9296 Tromsø, Norway
Environ Pollut 134:397-409. 2005....
- Bioaccumulation of per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS) in selected species from the Barents Sea food webMarianne Haukås
Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø, Norway
Environ Pollut 148:360-71. 2007..Multivariate analyses showed that the degree of trophic transfer of PFAS is similar to that of PCB, DDT and PBDE, despite their accumulation through different pathways...
- Floating ice-algal aggregates below melting arctic sea icePhilipp Assmy
Norwegian Polar Institute, Fram Centre, Tromsø, Norway
PLoS ONE 8:e76599. 2013..Our findings provide important observations and measurements of a unique aggregate-based habitat during the 2012 record sea ice minimum year. ..
- Biomagnification of polybrominated diphenyl ether and hexabromocyclododecane flame retardants in the polar bear food chain in Svalbard, NorwayEugen Gravningen Sørmo
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Biology, NO 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:2502-11. 2006..This study demonstrates that PBDEs and HBCD have reached measurable concentrations even in the lower trophic levels (invertebrates and fish) in the Arctic and biomagnifies in the polar bear food chain...