Affiliation: Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Both base excision repair and nucleotide excision repair in humans are influenced by nutritional factorsAsgeir Brevik
Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Chemical Toxicology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
Cell Biochem Funct 29:36-42. 2011..Here we have demonstrated that DNA repair is affected by diet and that modified versions of the comet assay can be used to assess activity of different DNA repair pathways in human biomonitoring studies...
- Supplementation of a western diet with golden kiwifruits (Actinidia chinensis var.'Hort 16A':) effects on biomarkers of oxidation damage and antioxidant protectionAsgeir Brevik
Department of Chemical Toxicology, Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
Nutr J 10:54. 2011....
- Preconceptional paternal glycidamide exposure affects embryonic gene expression: single embryo gene expression study following in vitro fertilizationAsgeir Brevik
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Chemical Toxicology, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
Reprod Toxicol 32:463-71. 2011..Compared to controls paternal GA-exposure gave rise to an altered pattern of embryonic gene expression, with an initial reduced expression at early stages followed by increased expression at the 8-cell stage...
- Paternal benzo[a]pyrene exposure affects gene expression in the early developing mouse embryoAsgeir Brevik
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Chemicals and Radiation, Nydalen, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
Toxicol Sci 129:157-65. 2012..Embryonic gene expression studies seem useful to identify perturbations of signaling pathways resulting from exposure to contaminants, and can be used to address mechanisms of paternal effects on embryo development...
- Compliance, tolerability and safety of two antioxidant-rich diets: a randomised controlled trial in male smokersAnette Karlsen
Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Br J Nutr 106:557-71. 2011..Such diets may be useful in future studies investigating whether dietary antioxidants may reduce oxidative stress and related diseases...
- Paternal Benzo[a]pyrene Exposure Modulates MicroRNA Expression Patterns in the Developing Mouse EmbryoAsgeir Brevik
Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Chemical Toxicology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo, Norway
Int J Cell Biol 2012:407431. 2012..The dysregulated miRNAs may provide valuable knowledge about potential transgenerational effects of sublethal exposure to chemicals...
- Plasma concentration of folate as a biomarker for the intake of fruit and vegetables: the Hordaland Homocysteine StudyAsgeir Brevik
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Am J Clin Nutr 81:434-9. 2005..Nutritional biomarkers may be used to assess dietary exposure without the errors commonly associated with self-reported dietary data...