Affiliation: Haukeland University Hospital
- Chronic insomnia as a risk factor for developing anxiety and depressionDag Neckelmann
Department of Psychiatry, Clinic ofPsychosomatic Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Sleep 30:873-80. 2007..To study prospectively the relations of insomnia to the development of anxiety disorders and depression in a population-based sample...
- A comparison of insomnia and depression as predictors of disability pension: the HUNT StudySimon Overland
Research Centre for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Sleep 31:875-80. 2008..The objective of this study was to compare their relative impact upon medically certified disability pension award...
- Dissociative experiences differentiate bipolar-II from unipolar depressed patients: the mediating role of cyclothymia and the Type A behaviour speed and impatience subscaleKetil J Oedegaard
Department of Clinical Medicine, Section for Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of, Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Affect Disord 108:207-16. 2008..Dissociative symptoms are often seen in patients with mood disorders, but there is little information on possible association with subgroups and temperamental features of these disorders...
- Monthly variation in prevalence rates of comorbid depression and anxiety in the general population at 63-65 degrees North: the HUNT studyEystein Stordal
Department of Psychiatry, Helse Nord Trondelag HF, Hospital Namsos, Namsos, Norway
J Affect Disord 106:273-8. 2008..To investigate monthly variation in depression, anxiety and their comorbidity (COM) in an epidemiologic study and their association to monthly variation in suicide rates...
- The long-term effect of insomnia on work disability: the HUNT-2 historical cohort studyBørge Sivertsen
Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Bergen, and Affective Disorder Section, Department of Psychiatry, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Am J Epidemiol 163:1018-24. 2006..75, 95% confidence interval: 1.40, 2.20). This study suggests that insomnia should receive increased attention as a robust predictor of subsequent work disability...
- The validity of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. An updated literature reviewIngvar Bjelland
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, Section for Preventive Medicine, Haukeland Hospital, Armauer Hansen Building, University of Bergen, N 5021, Bergen, Norway
J Psychosom Res 52:69-77. 2002..To review the literature of the validity of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS)...
- Migraine aura without headache compared to migraine with aura in patients with affective disordersKetil J Oedegaard
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bergen, Haukeland Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Headache Pain 6:378-86. 2005..This may convey new information concerning the comorbid expression of migraine and affective disorders or concerning the processes that differentiates the migraine types with and without a subsequent pain attack...
- Type A behaviour differentiates bipolar II from unipolar depressed patientsKetil Joachim Oedegaard
Department of Psychiatry, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Affect Disord 90:7-13. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare TABP in depressed unipolar and bipolar II patients, and explore the relation between TABP, affective temperaments and migraine headaches, another disorder associated with bipolar II disorder...
- Efficacy of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in depression: a review of the evidenceTrond F Aarre
Nordfjord Psychiatric Centre, N 6770 Nordfjordeid, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 57:227-32. 2003..More, larger and more carefully designed studies are needed to demonstrate convincingly a clinically relevant effect of rTMS. We conclude that there is insufficient evidence for rTMS as a valid treatment for depression at present...