Kare B Hagen
Affiliation: Diakonhjemmet Hospital
- The updated cochrane review of bed rest for low back pain and sciaticaKare B Hagen
National Resource Centre for Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:542-6. 2005..A systematic review within the Cochrane Collaboration Back Review Group...
- The cochrane review of advice to stay active as a single treatment for low back pain and sciaticaKare B Hagen
National Agency for Health and Social Welfare, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:1736-41. 2002..A systematic review was conducted within the Cochrane Collaboration Back Review Group...
- Physical fitness in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: comparison with population controlsSilje Halvorsen
Department of Health Sciences, University of Oslo, PO Box 1074, Blindern, Oslo 0316, Norway
Phys Ther 92:298-309. 2012..Although flexibility traditionally has been the main focus for physical therapy in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS), there is now evidence for an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) in this group...
- EULAR recommendations for the non-pharmacological core management of hip and knee osteoarthritisLinda Fernandes
National Resource Center for Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Ann Rheum Dis 72:1125-35. 2013..The 11 recommendations provide guidance on the delivery of non-pharmacological interventions to people with hip or knee OA. More research and educational activities are needed, particularly in the area of lifestyle changes...
- Exercise programs in trials for patients with ankylosing spondylitis: do they really have the potential for effectiveness?Hanne Dagfinrud
Diakonhjemmet Hospital and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:597-603. 2011..To evaluate if exercise programs in trials for patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) have the potential for effectiveness...
- Quality of Community-Based Osteoarthritis Care: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisKare B Hagen
National Advisory Unit on Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, and Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 68:1443-52. 2016..To evaluate the state of quality of care for osteoarthritis (OA) by summarizing studies that have assessed the care provided to patients...
- What's in the black box of arthritis rehabilitation? A comparison of rehabilitation practice for patients with inflammatory arthritis in northern EuropeMargreth Grotle
National Resource Center for Rehabilitation in Rheumathology, Diakonhjemmets Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Rehabil Med 45:458-66. 2013..In evaluating complex interventions, it is a challenge for researchers to provide transparent reporting of the intervention content with sufficient detail and clarity such that effects can be compared across studies or countries...
- A prospective cohort study of risk factors for disability retirement because of back pain in the general working populationKare B Hagen
Department of Population Health Sciences, National Institute of Public Health, National Insurance Administration, Oslo, Norway
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:1790-6. 2002..A 7-year prospective cohort study of 34,754 employed men and women was conducted...
- Obesity and osteoarthritis in knee, hip and/or hand: an epidemiological study in the general population with 10 years follow-upMargreth Grotle
National Resource Centre for Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Dept of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, POBox 23 Vinderen, 0319 Oslo, Norway
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:132. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of obesity on incident osteoarthritis (OA) in hip, knee, and hand in a general population followed in 10 years...