Affiliation: Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry
- Brief checklists for assessing violence risk among patients discharged from acute psychiatric facilities: a preliminary studyPål Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Bygg 7, Gaustad, NO 0320, Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 60:243-8. 2006..The development of a brief risk assessment instrument with good predictive properties seems possible. Further clinical trials are planned. Ethical aspects of violence prediction must always be considered...
- Mental health consultations in a prison population: a descriptive studyEllen Kjelsberg
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Building 7 Gaustad, NO 0320 Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 6:27. 2006..The aim of the present study was to give a comprehensive description of all non-pharmacological interventions provided by the psychiatric health services to a stratified sample of prison inmates...
- [Mental diseases and disorders among inmates in Norwegian prisons]Pål Hartvig
Kompetansesenter for sikkerhets, fengsels og rettspsykiatri for Helseregionene Øst og Sør, Ulleval universitetssykehus, Bygg 7, Gaustad 0320 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2091-3. 2004..A few investigations in Norwegian prisons indicate a similar tendency...
- Penrose's law revisited: the relationship between mental institution beds, prison population and crime ratePål Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 63:51-6. 2009..Penrose's law proved remarkably robust in the longitudinal perspective. As opposed to Penrose, however, we argue that the rise in crime rates only to a very limited extent can be attributed to mental health de-institutionalization...
- The first step in the validation of a new screen for violence risk in acute psychiatry: The inpatient contextP Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur Psychiatry 26:92-9. 2011..In general psychiatry there is a considerable need for specialised, brief and structured assessment tools to inform risk decisions...
- Can lipid analysis help identify repeatedly violent patients after discharge from acute psychiatry?John Olav Roaldset
Psychiatric Department, Alesund Hospital, Møre and Romsdal Health Trust, 6026 Alesund, Norway Faculty of Medicine, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7489 Trondheim, Norway Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Oslo University Hospital, Bygg 7, Gaustad, 0320 Oslo, Norway Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:371-3. 2013....