Ragnar K Breckan
- Non-endoscopic first-line treatment of bleeding peptic ulcer with ranitidine and tranexamic acidR K Breckan
Dept of Medicine, Nordland Central Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:1000-1. 2003
- Prevalence, comorbidity, and risk factors for functional bowel symptoms: a population-based survey in Northern NorwayRagnar K Breckan
Department of Gastroenterology, Nordland Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:1274-82. 2012..To assess the occurrence of functional bowel (FB) symptoms in Northern Norway, and to describe gender differences, comorbidity, and association to risk factors, including Helicobacter pylori infection...
- The impact of body mass index and Helicobacter pylori infection on gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms: a population-based study in Northern NorwayRagnar K Breckan
Department of Internal Medicine, Nordland Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1060-6. 2009..Increased body mass index (BMI) has been proposed as a risk factor for gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of BMI and Helicobacter pylori on reflux symptoms in an adult population...
- Managing dyspepsia in the young adult patient: effects of different tests for Helicobacter pylori in a "test-and-scope" approachPer C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, Harstad, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 48:913-20. 2013..To evaluate how different methods for the detection of Helicobacter pylori influence on a "test, score and scope" decision approach in young dyspeptic patients...
- The All-Age Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori Infection and Potential Transmission Routes. A Population-Based StudyRagnar K Breckan
Department of Gastroenterology, Division of Medicine, Nordland Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Helicobacter 21:586-595. 2016..Previous research on H. pylori epidemiology has mostly focused on adult populations. We have aimed to study H. pylori prevalence in all age groups including children and adolescents and to identify potential routes of transmission...
- Do young dyspeptic patients consider upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy useful?Per C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, Harstad, 9480 Harstad, Norway
Hepatogastroenterology 57:1164-9. 2010..However, the impact of the examination and the potential value of being reassured by a negative endoscopy has yet to be evaluated...
- "Test, score and scope": a selection strategy for safe reduction of upper gastrointestinal endoscopies in young dyspeptic patients referred from primary carePer C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, Hålogaland Hospital, Harstad, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:161-9. 2006..To test the ability of pre-endoscopic clinical evaluation to predict clinically relevant findings of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy...