Aina Elisabeth Fossum Moen
Affiliation: University of Oslo
Location: Oslo, Norway
- Dissemination of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clones in northern Norway: sequence types 8 and 80 predominateAnne Merethe Hanssen
Department for Microbiology and Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 43:2118-24. 2005..The frequent findings of SCCmec type IV (91%) along with heterogeneous genetic backgrounds suggest a horizontal spread of SCCmec type IV among staphylococcal strains in parallel with the clonal spread of successful MRSA strains...
- Increased incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST80, novel ST125 and SCCmecIV in the south-eastern part of Norway during a 12-year periodA E Fossum
Institute of Clinical Epidemiology and Molecular Biology, University of Oslo, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:627-33. 2006..An increase in MRSA clones carrying SCCmecIV has occurred during recent years, which could indicate a shift in the MRSA population in Norway from hospital-acquired MRSA to community-acquired-MRSA...
- Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: which sequence types do orthopedic surgical healthcare workers carry?Inge Skramm
Institute of Clinical Epidemiology and Molecular Biology, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Akershus University Hospital, Lorenskog, Norway
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:737-9. 2007..Multilocus sequence typing characterized 3 clonal complexes that accounted for more than 80% of the clonal complexes identified...
- Exotoxin-encoding gene content in community-acquired and hospital-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusA E Fossum Moen
Institute of Clinical Epidemiology and Molecular Biology EpiGen, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:1139-45. 2009....
- Distribution of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a low-prevalence areaAina Elisabeth Fossum Moen
Research Centre, Institute of Clinical Epidemiology and Molecular Biology, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 58:374-80. 2010..ST8-IV, lukS/F-PVL absent, could have attained endemicity in LTCFs, where 51 isolates were isolated in 2006. ST125-IV, lukS/F-PVL absent, showing epidemic qualities abroad, caused outbreaks at five LTCFs...
- spa typing alone is not sufficient to demonstrate endemic establishment of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a low-prevalence countryA E Fossum Moen
Section of Clinical Molecular Biology EpiGen, Division of Medicine, Akershus University Hospital and Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Lørenskog, Norway Electronic address
J Hosp Infect 88:72-7. 2014..Over the last decade, numerous nursing homes have experienced MRSA outbreaks. One genetic lineage, spa type t304, has been identified at multiple nursing homes and has caused large outbreaks lasting for several years...