Genomes and Genes
Location: Gif sur Yvette, France
I am interested in using zebrafish as a behavioral genetic model organism. My current projects look at different aspects of both larval and adult behaviour. I am particularly interested in larval locomotor hyperactivity, as well as aggression, addiction, anxiety and exploration in adult zebrafish
- Zebrafish reward mutants reveal novel transcripts mediating the behavioral effects of amphetamineKatharine J Webb
Department Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse, Neuherberg, 85764 Germany
Genome Biol 10:R81. 2009....
- Comparative analysis of serotonin receptor (HTR1A/HTR1B families) and transporter (slc6a4a/b) gene expression in the zebrafish brainWilliam H J Norton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Institute of Developmental Genetics, HelmholtzZentrum muenchen, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 511:521-42. 2008....
- NR4A2 controls the differentiation of selective dopaminergic nuclei in the zebrafish brainMaryline Blin
Laboratory of Development, Evolution and Plasticity of the Nervous System, UPR2197, Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, CNRS and University Paris Sud, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:592-604. 2008..Our results shed new light on NR4A2 function in the DA differentiation pathway, and stress the effect of DA dysregulation on the control of locomotor activity...
- Dynamic Fgf signaling couples morphogenesis and migration in the zebrafish lateral line primordiumVirginie Lecaudey
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
Development 135:2695-705. 2008..Furthermore, this work uncovers a surprising link between internal tissue organization and collective migration...
- Fgf10 regulates hepatopancreatic ductal system patterning and differentiationP Duc Si Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, and the Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, 1550 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Genet 39:397-402. 2007..These data shed light onto how the multipotent cells of the foregut endoderm, and subsequently those of the hepatopancreatic duct, are directed toward different organ fates...
- HSPG synthesis by zebrafish Ext2 and Extl3 is required for Fgf10 signalling during limb developmentWilliam H J Norton
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 132:4963-73. 2005..This reveals an unexpected specificity of HSPGs in regulating distinct vertebrate Fgfs...
- Histone deacetylase 1 is required for cell cycle exit and differentiation in the zebrafish retinaJochen A Stadler
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:883-9. 2005..These results demonstrate that the in vivo role of HDAC1 in regulating cell cycle progression is region-specific, as HDAC1 promotes cell cycle exit in the retina but stimulates proliferation in other cellular contexts...
- Monorail/Foxa2 regulates floorplate differentiation and specification of oligodendrocytes, serotonergic raphé neurones and cranial motoneuronesWill H Norton
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, UCL, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 132:645-58. 2005....
- Embryonic expression of a P2X(3) receptor encoding gene in zebrafishW H Norton
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT, London, UK
Mech Dev 99:149-52. 2000..p2x3 is also expressed in the spinal sensory Rohon-Beard cells and in the putative posterior lateral line ganglion...
- Adult zebrafish as a model organism for behavioural geneticsWilliam Norton
CNRS, UPR, Institute of Neurobiology Albert Fessard, Gif sur Yvette, France
BMC Neurosci 11:90. 2010..As a result of this, studies of adult zebrafish are now helping to uncover the genetic pathways and neural circuits that control vertebrate behaviour...