Cherith Jane Semple
Affiliation: Northern Ireland
- Changes and challenges to patients' lifestyle patterns following treatment for head and neck cancerCherith Jane Semple
Head and Neck Oncology, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Ulster Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
J Adv Nurs 63:85-93. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to explore the changes and challenges to patients' lifestyles following treatment for head and neck cancer...
- Development and evaluation of a problem-focused psychosocial intervention for patients with head and neck cancerCherith J Semple
Ulster Hospital Cancer Services, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT16 1RH, Northern Ireland
Support Care Cancer 17:379-88. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of a problem-focused intervention for patients with psychosocial dysfunction who had completed treatment for head and neck cancer...
- Family life when a parent is diagnosed with cancer: impact of a psychosocial intervention for young childrenC J Semple
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Ulster Hospital, Belfast, N Ireland, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 22:219-31. 2013..Open communication is pivotal for children whose parents have cancer but parents need supported and resourced to promote family coping when diagnosed with cancer...
- Parents' experience of cancer who have young children: a literature reviewCherith Jane Semple
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Cancer Services Ulster Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Cancer Nurs 33:110-8. 2010..The National Cancer Institute estimates that 24% of adults with cancer are parenting children younger than 18 years. When a parent is diagnosed with cancer, this is a major stressor and often creates multiple problems for families...
- Experience of parents with head and neck cancer who are caring for young childrenCherith J Semple
Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist Head and Neck Cancer, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Cancer Services, Ulster Hospital, UK
J Adv Nurs 66:1280-90. 2010..This paper is a report of a study exploring the experience and support needs of parents with head and neck cancer, who are also caring for their young children...