M G Baker
Affiliation: Institute of Environmental Science and Research
Country: New Zealand
- A 10-year serogroup B meningococcal disease epidemic in New Zealand: descriptive epidemiology, 1991-2000M G Baker
Institute of Environmental Science and Research, Kenepuru Science Centre, Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand
J Paediatr Child Health 37:S13-9. 2001..New Zealand has experienced an epidemic of meningococcal disease since 1991. This paper describes the characteristics of this epidemic during its first 10 years (1991-2000), current control measures, and potential future interventions...
- The epidemiology of human salmonellosis in New Zealand, 1997-2008A Lal
University of Otago, Department of Public Health, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 140:1685-94. 2012..Enteritidis. For a developed country, salmonellosis rates in New Zealand have remained consistently high suggesting more work is needed to investigate, control and prevent this disease...
- A tale of two parasites: the comparative epidemiology of cryptosporidiosis and giardiasisS J Snel
Department of Public Health, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 137:1641-50. 2009..Further research should focus on methods to reduce transmission of Cryptosporidium in rural areas and on reducing anthroponotic transmission of Giardia...
- A recurring salmonellosis epidemic in New Zealand linked to contact with sheepM G Baker
Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited ESR, Porirua, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 135:76-83. 2007..Preventing infection requires control of the epidemic in sheep through vaccination, changes in farm management practices, and promotion of hand washing and other precautions to protect farmers and their families...
- Is the major increase in notified campylobacteriosis in New Zealand real?M G Baker
Department of Public Health, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Otago University, Wellington, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 135:163-70. 2007..Given the large disease burden, further research and intervention studies should be public health priorities in this country...
- Molecular-based surveillance of campylobacteriosis in New Zealand--from source attribution to genomic epidemiologyP Muellner
Epi interactive, Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand
Euro Surveill 18:. 2013....
- Changing epidemiology of human leptospirosis in New ZealandC N Thornley
Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd, Kenepuru Science Centre, Porirua, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 128:29-36. 2002..Increasing L. borgpetersenii sv. ballum case numbers suggest changing transmission patterns via direct or indirect exposure to contaminated surface water. Targeted and evaluated disease control programmes should be renewed...
- Continuing Mycobacterium bovis transmission from animals to humans in New ZealandM G Baker
Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd ESR, Porirua, New Zealand
Epidemiol Infect 134:1068-73. 2006..These results suggest a low level of ongoing M. bovis transmission from animal reservoirs to humans in New Zealand...