- Streptobacillus moniliformis bacteremia in a rheumatoid arthritis patient without a rat bite: a case report
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Nippon Medical School Hospital, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ward, Tokyo, 113 8603, Japan
BMC Res Notes 8:694. 2015
..If there is no clear bite history, the diagnosis is difficult or may not be made...
- Two cases with bacteremia suspected to be due to relatively rare Pseudomonas (Flavimonas) oryzihabitans
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Nippon Medical School Hospital, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 21:751-5. 2015
..Herein, we describe two hematological malignancy patients suspected to have P. oryzihabitans bacteremia. We also review cases with bacteremia due to this pathogen and its microbiological characteristics. ..
- Pirfenidone inhibits fibrocyte accumulation in the lungs in bleomycin-induced murine pulmonary fibrosis
Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
Respir Res 15:16. 2014
..Pirfenidone is an anti-fibrotic agent; however, its effects on fibrocytes have not been investigated. The aim of this study was to investigate whether pirfenidone inhibits fibrocyte pool size in the lungs of bleomycin-treated mice...
- Light chain (κ/λ) ratio of GM-CSF autoantibodies is associated with disease severity in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan Electronic address
Clin Immunol 149:357-64. 2013
..Thus, the light chain isotype usage of GMAb may not only be associated with the severity of aPAP, but may also represent a useful disease severity marker. ..
- Descending necrotizing mediastinitis associated with Lactobacillus plantarum
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 13:398. 2013
..The majority of causative microbes of DNM are Streptococci and oral anaerobes. DNM associated with Lactobacillus-infection is rather rare...
- A case of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome due to Group G streptococci identified as Streptococcus dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilis
Division of Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 18:919-24. 2012
..We consider it to be crucial to rapidly distinguish STSS from acute occlusive PAD to achieve life-saving interventions in patients with severe soft-tissue infections...
- First report of infectious pericarditis due to Bordetella holmesii in an adult patient with malignant lymphoma
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Hematology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology and Metabolism, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 50:1815-7. 2012
..Herein, we describe a unique B. holmesii infectious pericarditis patient with malignant lymphoma...
- IgM-type GM-CSF autoantibody is etiologically a bystander but associated with IgG-type autoantibody production in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata Univ Medical and Dental Hospital, Asahimachi Dori, Niigata, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L959-64. 2012
..It rather may be involved in the mechanism for development of IgG-GMAb in vivo...
- Outcome of corticosteroid administration in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: a retrospective cohort study
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, 1 754 Asahimachi dori, Niigata, 951 8520, Japan
BMC Pulm Med 15:88. 2015
..However, as corticosteroids can suppress alveolar macrophage function, corticosteroid therapy might worsen disease severity and increase the risk of infections...
- A cell-free assay to estimate the neutralizing capacity of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor autoantibodies
Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan
J Immunol Methods 360:141-8. 2010
..Binding inhibition was correlated with growth inhibition of TF-1 cells, a GM-CSF dependent cell line. These results suggest that our cell-free system can be applied to estimate the neutralizing capacity of GM-CSF autoantibodies ex vivo...
- Direct evidence that GM-CSF inhalation improves lung clearance in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
Bioscience Medical Research Center, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, 1 754 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8520, Japan
Respir Med 106:284-93. 2012
..It is plausible that inhaled GM-CSF improves the dysfunction of alveolar macrophages and promotes the clearance of the surfactant. However, effect of the therapy on components in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) remains unclear...
- Miliary tuberculosis with indeterminate interferon gamma release assay results
Department of Intensive and Cardiovascular Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Japan
Intern Med 52:2583-5. 2013
..However, IGRA results may impede making a diagnosis. We herein present an interesting case of miliary tuberculosis with a nonspecific IGRA reaction due to hemophagocytosis. ..