- Efficacy of using a standard activity of (131)I-MIBG therapy in patients with disseminated neuroendocrine tumours
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, NW3 2QG, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:904-12. 2010
- Sentinel node studies in truncal melanoma: does an increased number of draining basins correlate with an increased risk of lymph metastasis?
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Cancer Imaging 12:279-82. 2012
..To assess whether an association exists between drainage to multiple basins and lymphatic metastasis in patients with truncal melanoma...
- Functional lung assessment with radionuclides in paediatric respiratory diseases: a useful, underutilized test in nuclear medicine?
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
Nucl Med Commun 31:896-902. 2010
..We report a summary of the current indications of VQ scans in paediatrics corroborated by our own experience as a paediatric tertiary referral centre...
- Diffuse FDG renal uptake in lymphoma
PET CT Centre, St Thomas Hospital NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Clin Nucl Med 35:813-5. 2010
..Following 1 cycle of chemotherapy, the renal function normalized. An interim F-18 FDG PET/CT demonstrated normal size and FDG uptake within both kidneys...
- SPECT/CT in sentinel node imaging
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital NHS, Trust, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:191-202. 2013
..We thus believe that sentinel lymph node SPECT/CT can provide valuable information before sentinel lymph node biopsy and advocate its use in a range of tumours such as truncal and head and neck melanomas...
- Single-photon emission computed tomography-computed tomography in imaging infection
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust, London NW3 2QG, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:283-90. 2013
..We believe that, overall, SPECT-CT, by providing a clearer assessment of whether infection is present and an accurate localization of the disease so that optimum treatment can be initiated, has a role in infection imaging...
- Differential uptake of 18F-FDG in patients with synchronous lung cancers
PET CT Centre, St Thomas Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Ann Nucl Med 25:299-302. 2011
..Histology confirmed separate lung malignancies, demonstrating that differential FDG uptake may not always be inflammatory and should be considered to have a separate malignant aetiology...
- Single photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography in the evaluation of neuroendocrine tumours: a review of the literature
Suat Jin Lu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7 EH, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:98-107. 2013
..Although it is possible to combine SPECT and CT performed at different time points, there is better anatomical localization and improved reporter confidence when SPECT and CT are performed simultaneously...
- The Impact of Radiological Response to Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy on Overall Survival in Patients With Metastatic Midgut Neuroendocrine Tumors
From the Neuroendocrine Tumour Unit, ENETS Centre of Excellence, Royal Free Hospital, London Care of the Elderly, University College Hospital, London Nuclear Medicine Department, Royal Free Hospital, London and Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College London, London, UK
Clin Nucl Med . 2016
..The aim of this study is to determine long-term survival in patients with metastatic midgut NET, according to response to PRRT...
- Pitfalls and Limitations of Radionuclide Imaging in Endocrinology
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK Electronic address
Semin Nucl Med 45:440-57. 2015
..Thus, it is essential to acknowledge pitfalls and the limitations of nuclear medicine imaging for accurate diagnosis and patient management. ..
- Capecitabine and streptozocin ± cisplatin in advanced gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumours
Neuroendocrine Tumour Unit, The Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London, UK UCL Cancer Institute, London, UK
Eur J Cancer 50:902-11. 2014
..The NET01 trial was designed to investigate whether capecitabine combined with streptozocin was an acceptable regimen with or without adding cisplatin...
- The role of single-photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography in localizing parathyroid adenoma
Dhruba J Dasgupta
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:621-6. 2013
..There remains controversy on the role of SPECT/CT in eutopic tumours, especially when considering such factors as imaging time and the additional radiation dose...
- Is hybrid imaging (SPECT/CT) a useful adjunct in the management of suspected facet joints arthropathy?
Hosam E Matar
Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London, NW3 2QG, UK
Int Orthop 37:865-70. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to assess the value of SPECT/CT imaging in patients with chronic spinal pain...
- Planar images reprojected from SPECT V/Q data perform similarly to traditional planar V/Q scans in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism
Panagiotis G Kyrtatos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:445-50. 2013
..To compare the diagnostic interpretation of traditional ventilation/perfusion (V/Q) planar images with that of planar-like images reprojected from single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) data sets...
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) by intra-arterial infusion of radio-emitter compounds: trans-arterial radio-embolisation of HCC
The Royal Free Sheila Sherlock Liver Centre, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 38:641-9. 2012
..We include several observational, and all comparative studies using these compounds. In particular we compare TARE to trans-arterial chemo-embolisation and other intra-arterial techniques...