- Measles vaccination effectiveness among children under 5 years of age in Kampala, Uganda
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Vaccine 24:4111-5. 2006
- Knowledge of integrated management of childhood illnesses community and family practices (C-IMCI) and association with child undernutrition in Northern Uganda: a cross-sectional study
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 14:976. 2014
..This study was done to address the prevalence of stunting and wasting and the association with the knowledge and practices of C-IMCI among caretakers in Gulu district, Northern Uganda...
- Clinical and epidemiological characteristics of individuals resistant to M. tuberculosis infection in a longitudinal TB household contact study in Kampala, Uganda
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, 2103 Cornell Rd, Wolstein Research Building room 1316, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
BMC Infect Dis 14:352. 2014
..Our objective was to characterize these persistently negative TST (PTST-) individuals and compare them to TST converters (TSTC) and individuals who are TST positive at study enrollment...
- Wasting among Uganda men with pulmonary tuberculosis is associated with linear regain in lean tissue mass during and after treatment in contrast to women with wasting who regain fat tissue mass: prospective cohort study
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health College of Health Sciences, Makerere University Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 14:24. 2014
..We therefore determined the effect of wasting on rate of mean change in lean tissue and fat mass as measured by bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA), and mean change in body mass index (BMI) during and after tuberculosis treatment...
- Effectiveness of active case-finding strategies in tuberculosis control in Kampala, Uganda
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, School of Medicine College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 17:207-13. 2013
..Active case finding (ACF) is an alternative strategy, although cost is a barrier to implementation. We estimated the cost-effectiveness of a city-wide ACF programme in Kampala, Uganda, compared to the PCF strategy...
- Low nutrient intake among adult women and patients with severe tuberculosis disease in Uganda: a cross-sectional study
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health School of Medicine College of Health Sciences, Makerere University Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 12:1050. 2012
..Information regarding dietary nutrient intake during tuberculosis disease is lacking. We established the relationship between disease severity or wasting during pulmonary tuberculosis and nutrient intake...
- Lean tissue mass wasting is associated with increased risk of mortality among women with pulmonary tuberculosis in urban Uganda
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University Kampala, Uganda
Ann Epidemiol 22:466-73. 2012
..We assessed the impact of wasting on survival in patients with tuberculosis by using a precise height-normalized lean tissue mass index (LMI) estimated by bioelectrical impedance analysis and body mass index (BMI)...
- Ebola haemorrhagic fever among hospitalised children and adolescents in northern Uganda: epidemiologic and clinical observations
Gulu Regional Referral Hospital Northern Uganda, P O Box 160, Gulu, Uganda
Afr Health Sci 1:60-5. 2001
..A unique feature of previous Ebola outbreaks has been the relative sparing of children. For the first time, an out break of an unusual illness-Ebola haemorrhagic fever occurred in Northern Uganda Gulu district...
- Patient satisfaction, feasibility and reliability of satisfaction questionnaire among patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in urban Uganda: a cross-sectional study
Harriet M Babikako
School of Public Health College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P, O, Box 7072 Kampala, Uganda
Health Res Policy Syst 9:6. 2011
- Body composition among HIV-seropositive and HIV-seronegative adult patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Uganda
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, School of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Ann Epidemiol 20:210-6. 2010
..We determined whether human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection affects body cell mass and fat mass wasting among adults with pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB)...
- Pertussis Prevalence and Its Determinants among Children with Persistent Cough in Urban Uganda
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 10:e0123240. 2015
..We determined prevalence of pertussis infection and its associated host and environmental factors to generate information that would guide strategies for disease control...
- Long-term dominance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Uganda family in peri-urban Kampala-Uganda is not associated with cavitary disease
Eddie M Wampande
Department of Medical Microbiology, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 13:484. 2013
..Using a well characterized patient population, this study sought to determine whether there are clinical and patient characteristics associated with the success of the MTB Uganda family in Kampala...
- Feasibility, reliability and validity of health-related quality of life questionnaire among adult pulmonary tuberculosis patients in urban Uganda: cross-sectional study
Harriet M Babikako
School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P O Box 7072 Kampala, Uganda
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:93. 2010
- High incidence of pulmonary tuberculosis in children admitted with severe pneumonia in Uganda
Josephine M Nantongo
Directorate of Paediatrics and Child Health, Mulago National Referral Hospital, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Pediatr 13:16. 2013
..Moreover, TB is associated with high morbidity and mortality among such children. We conducted this study to establish the burden of pulmonary TB in children admitted with severe pneumonia in our setting...