- Effects of perceptual learning exercises on standing balance using a hardness discrimination task in hemiplegic patients following stroke: a randomized controlled pilot trial
Department of Physical Therapy, Kochi School of Allied Health and Medical Professions, Nagahama, Kochi, Japan
Clin Rehabil 17:600-7. 2003
..To investigate the effect of perceptual learning exercises for hardness discrimination by the soles on standing balance in stroke patients with hemiplegia...
- Influence of perceptual learning on standing posture balance: repeated training for hardness discrimination of foot sole
Department of Physical Therapy, Kochi School of Allied Health and Medical Professions, Nagahama, Japan
Gait Posture 20:36-40. 2004
..In conclusion, data indicate that the ability of the healthy subjects to regulate their standing posture improved with improvement of the perceptive ability of the soles...
- Interaction interference between arm and leg: division of attention through muscle force regulation
Department of Physical Therapy, Tosa Rehabilitation College, 2500 2 Otsu Ohtsu, Kochi 781 5103, Japan
Hum Mov Sci 28:752-9. 2009
..When the muscle force is precisely controlled, a more accurate and more appropriate adjustment is required to focus attention...
- Influence of transcranial direct current stimulation of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex on pain related emotions: a study using electroencephalographic power spectrum analysis
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Science, Kio University, 4 2 2 Umami naka Koryo cho, Kitakatsuragi gun, Nara 635 0832, Japan
Neurosci Lett 512:12-6. 2012
..This processing may be mediated by facilitation of the descending pain inhibitory system through enhancing neural activity of the left DLPFC...
- Effects of dual task balance training on dual task performance in elderly people: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Science, Kio University, Nara, Japan
Clin Rehabil 26:58-67. 2012
..To investigate the effects of dual task balance training in the elderly on standing postural control while performing a cognitive task...
- Effects of self-action observation on standing balance learning: A change of brain activity detected using functional near-infrared spectroscopy
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Science, Kio University, Nara, Japan Neurorehabilitation Research Center, Kio University, Nara, Japan
NeuroRehabilitation 35:579-85. 2014
..Studies suggest that the observation of others' actions leads to enhanced motor skill learning...
- The influence of size perception and internal modeling on the control process while lifting
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Science, Kio University, Kita katsurahi gun, Nara, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 25:163-9. 2006
- Enhancement of precise hand movement by transcranial direct current stimulation
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Science, Kio University, Kitakatsuragi gun, Nara, Japan
Neuroreport 22:78-82. 2011
..These results suggest that anodal tDCS over the primary motor cortex enhances the precise movement of the nondominant hand for 30 min in healthy participants...
- A new simple performance test focused on agility in elderly people: The Ten Step Test
Department of Physical Therapy, Tosa Rehabilitation College, Kochi, Japan
Gerontology 54:365-72. 2008
..If an agility test for elderly people is established, the precision of the fall prediction rises and can be used for individual training...
- The effects of an attentional demand tasks on standing posture control
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health and Science, Kio University, Nara, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci 24:215-9. 2005
..Standing posture balance was stabilized when a mental task was added. Thus, we concluded that higher brain functions such as attention and consciousness exerted a significant influence over the control of standing posture...