- Interventions for preoperative smoking cessation
Department of Anaesthesiology, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, Herlev, Denmark, 2730
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2005
..Preoperative smoking intervention may be effective in decreasing this incidence. The preoperative period may be a well chosen time to offer smoking cessation interventions due to increased patient motivation...
- How to map the evidence: the development of the systematic review in anaesthesia
A M Møller
Department of Anaesthesiology, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, Herlev 2730, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 109:32-4. 2012
..The aim of this article is to explain the systematic review and point to some of the challenges in the development and use of systematic reviews...
- Effect of preoperative smoking intervention on postoperative complications: a randomised clinical trial
Ann M Møller
Department of Anaesthesiology, Bispebjerg University Hospital, 2400 NV, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet 359:114-7. 2002
..Our aim was to investigate the effect of preoperative smoking intervention on the frequency of postoperative complications in patients undergoing hip and knee replacement...
- Impact of lifestyle on perioperative smoking cessation and postoperative complication rate
Ann M Møller
Department of Anaesthesiology, Bispebjerg University Hospital, 2400, Copenhagen, Denmark
Prev Med 36:704-9. 2003
..The aim was to examine to what extent lifestyle, education, social support, and comorbidity predict the ability of perioperative smoking cessation, and are associated with the development of important postoperative complications...
- [Preoperative smoking intervention: What do patients think? A qualitative study]
Ann Merete Møller
Amtssygehuset i Herlev, Anaestesiologisk Afdeling I
Ugeskr Laeger 166:3714-8. 2004
- Risk reduction: perioperative smoking intervention
Department of Anaesthesiology, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 20:237-48. 2006
..All smokers admitted for surgery should be informed of the increased risk, recommended preoperative smoking cessation, and offered a smoking intervention programme whenever possible...
- Analysis of deaths related to anesthesia in the period 1996-2004 from closed claims registered by the Danish Patient Insurance Association
Lars Dahlgaard Hove
Department of Anesthesiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Anesthesiology 106:675-80. 2007
..In Denmark, the specialty anesthesiology encompasses emergency medicine, chronic and acute pain medicine, anesthetic procedures, perioperative care medicine, and intensive care medicine...
- Antithrombin III in critically ill patients: systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rigshospitalet, Juliane Marie Centre, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ 335:1248-51. 2007
..To evaluate the benefits and harms of antithrombin III in critically ill patients...