- Declining efficacy of artesunate plus sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine in northeastern India
ECR Division, National Institute of Malaria Research, ICMR Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi 110 077, India
Malar J 13:284. 2014
..Recognizing that resistance to the partner drug can limit the useful life of this combination therapy, routine in vivo and molecular monitoring of anti-malarial drug efficacy through sentinel sites was initiated in 2009...
- Chloroquine efficacy studies confirm drug susceptibility of Plasmodium vivax in Chennai, India
National Institute of Malaria Research Indian Council of Medical Research, National Institute of Epidemiology Campus, Second Main Road, Tamil Nadu Housing Board, Ayapakkam, Chennai 600 077, Tamil Nadu, India
Malar J 13:129. 2014
..Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu and an urban setting for P. vivax in southern India, was selected as a sentinel site for investigating CQ efficacy and sensitivity in vivax malaria...
- Prescription practices and availability of artemisinin monotherapy in India: where do we stand?
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, Dwarka, New Delhi 110 077, India
Malar J 10:360. 2011
..Thus, treatment practices for malaria, with special reference to artemisinin monotherapy prescription, in selected states of India were evaluated...
- Genetic deletion of HRP2 and HRP3 in Indian Plasmodium falciparum population and false negative malaria rapid diagnostic test
National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi, India
Acta Trop 125:119-21. 2013
..The study highlights need to determine the prevalence of P. falciparum isolates lacking these genes in larger field populations in India...
- Monitoring antimalarial drug resistance in India via sentinel sites: outcomes and risk factors for treatment failure, 2009-2010
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi 110 077, India
Bull World Health Organ 90:895-904. 2012
..To describe India's National Antimalarial Drug Resistance Monitoring System, measure the efficacy of first-line malaria treatments, and determine risk factors for treatment failure...
- Insights following change in drug policy: a descriptive study for antimalarial prescription practices in children of public sector health facilities in Jharkhand state of India
ECR Division, National Institute of Malaria Research, New Delhi, India
J Vector Borne Dis 50:271-7. 2013
..falciparum malaria patients particularly in children ≤ 15 yr of age...
- Malaria in India: the center for the study of complex malaria in India
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India
Acta Trop 121:267-73. 2012
..We hope that such a multidisciplinary approach that integrates clinical and field studies with laboratory, molecular, and genomic methods will provide a powerful combination for malaria control and prevention in India...
- Genetic variation in histidine rich proteins among Indian Plasmodium falciparum population: possible cause of variable sensitivity of malaria rapid diagnostic tests
National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi, 110077, India
Malar J 11:298. 2012
..Among the various factors affecting RDTs sensitivity is genetic variation of the antigen used. The genetic variation in PfHRP2 and PfHRP3 proteins was studied among the Indian Plasmodium falciparum isolates...