- A conserved haplotype controls parallel adaptation in geographically distant salmonid populations
Michael R Miller
Institute of Molecular Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Mol Ecol 21:237-49. 2012
..The repeated use of adaptive genetic variation across distant geographical areas could be a general theme in salmonids and have important implications for conservation and restoration...
- Meiotic maps of sockeye salmon derived from massively parallel DNA sequencing
Meredith V Everett
School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, Box 355020, Seattle, WA 98195 5020, USA
BMC Genomics 13:521. 2012
..We develop the first dense meiotic map for sockeye salmon using a combination of novel SNPs found in restriction site associated DNA (RAD tags) and SNPs available from existing expressed sequence tag (EST) based assays...
- Developmentally regulated subnuclear genome reorganization restricts neural progenitor competence in Drosophila
Institute of Neuroscience, Institute of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Cell 152:97-108. 2013
..We propose that neuroblasts undergo a developmentally regulated subnuclear genome reorganization to permanently silence Hunchback target genes that results in loss of progenitor competence...
- Applying thiouracil tagging to mouse transcriptome analysis
1 Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA 2 Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA 3 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA 4
Nat Protoc 9:410-20. 2014
..Tissue containing TU-tagged RNA can be obtained in 1 d, RNA-seq libraries can be generated within 2 d and, after sequencing, an initial bioinformatics analysis can be completed in 1 additional day. ..
- The Snail family member Worniu is continuously required in neuroblasts to prevent Elav-induced premature differentiation
Sen Lin Lai
Institute of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Dev Cell 23:849-57. 2012
..We conclude that Worniu is continuously required in neuroblasts to maintain self-renewal by promoting cell-cycle progression and inhibiting premature differentiation...
- Functional genomics identifies neural stem cell sub-type expression profiles and genes regulating neuroblast homeostasis
Travis D Carney
Institute of Molecular Biology, Institute of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Dev Biol 361:137-46. 2012
..These genes are excellent candidates for regulating neural progenitor self-renewal in Drosophila and mammals...
- Mouse TU tagging: a chemical/genetic intersectional method for purifying cell type-specific nascent RNA
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, 97403, USA
Genes Dev 27:98-115. 2013
..TU tagging provides a novel method for identifying actively transcribed genes in specific cells at specific times within intact mice...