Rosa Maria Wong-Chew
- Increasing the time of exposure to aerosol measles vaccine elicits an immune response equivalent to that seen in 9-month-old Mexican children given the same dose subcutaneouslyRosa Maria Wong-Chew
Facultad de Medicina, Departamento de Medicina Experimental, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
J Infect Dis 204:426-32. 2011..We examined the immune responses when increasing the duration to aerosol exposure in 9-month-olds...
- Prevalence of respiratory virus in symptomatic children in private physician office settings in five communities of the state of Veracruz, MexicoRosa M Wong-Chew
Unidad de Investigación en Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Dr Balmis 148, Colonia Doctores, CP 06726, Mexico, D F, Mexico
BMC Res Notes 8:261. 2015....
- Induction of cellular and humoral immunity after aerosol or subcutaneous administration of Edmonston-Zagreb measles vaccine as a primary dose to 12-month-old childrenRosa Maria Wong-Chew
Dept de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
J Infect Dis 189:254-7. 2004..01). Measles-specific T and B cell responses were weaker after aerosol than after sc vaccination, indicating a need to use a higher aerosol dose to achieve optimal immunogenicity...
- Is there still room for novel viral pathogens in pediatric respiratory tract infections?Blanca Taboada
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
PLoS ONE 9:e113570. 2014..These results suggest that at least in the type of populations studied and with the sampling methods used the odds of finding novel, clinically relevant viruses, in pediatric respiratory infections are low. ..
- Rhinovirus is an important pathogen in upper and lower respiratory tract infections in Mexican childrenFernando E Aponte
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Av Universidad 2001, Colonia Chamilpa, Cuernavaca, Morelos, 62210, Mexico
Virol J 12:31. 2015....
- Cellular and humoral immune responses to measles in immune adults re-immunized with measles vaccineRosa Maria Wong-Chew
Departamento de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Microbiologia e Immunologia Clinicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF
J Med Virol 70:276-80. 2003..These data suggest that high measles antibody titers interfere with the humoral response in subjects who receive a booster immunization, whereas the cellular response is boosted at least transiently, after revaccination...
- Early loss of measles antibodies after MMR vaccine among HIV-infected adults receiving HAARTPablo F Belaunzarán-Zamudio
Departamento de Infectologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Colonia Seccion XVI, Del Tlalpan, Mexico, DF, CP 14000, Mexico
Vaccine 27:7059-64. 2009..The objective of the study was to evaluate the immune response to measles vaccine of HIV-infected adults in comparison to HIV non-infected adults...
- Immunogenicity of aerosol measles vaccine given as the primary measles immunization to nine-month-old Mexican childrenRosa Maria Wong-Chew
Departamento de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Dr Balmis 148, Colonia Doctores, 06726 Mexico City, Mexico
Vaccine 24:683-90. 2006..The objective of the study was to evaluate immunogenicity to aerosol measles vaccine in 9-month-old children...
- [Frequency of respiratory viruses and clinical characteristics in children attending a care center in Mexico City]Rosa Maria Wong-Chew
Departamento de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 52:528-32. 2010..To describe the frequency of respiratory viruses and clinical characteristics in children with respiratory signs and symptoms in a tertiary care center in Mexico...