Patricia V Torres-Duran
- Effects of whole body exposure to extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields (ELF-EMF) on serum and liver lipid levels, in the ratPatricia V Torres-Duran
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, UNAM, P O Box 70250, Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
Lipids Health Dis 6:31. 2007..corrected] The effects of extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields (ELF-EMF) on the blood serum and liver lipid concentrations of male Wistar rats were assessed...
- Antihyperlipemic and antihypertensive effects of Spirulina maxima in an open sample of Mexican population: a preliminary reportPatricia V Torres-Duran
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico, P, O, Box 70 159, Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
Lipids Health Dis 6:33. 2007..Anthropometric measurements including systolic (SYST-P) and diastolic (DIAST-P) blood pressure, height, weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) were also recorded...
- Protective effect of Arthrospira maxima on fatty acid composition in fatty liverPatricia V Torres-Duran
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City
Arch Med Res 37:479-83. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of A. maxima on the liver lipid profile in CCl4-induced steatohepatitis...
- Effect of acute extremely low frequency electromagnetic field exposure on the antioxidant status and lipid levels in rat brainJesús Martínez-Sámano
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Arch Med Res 43:183-9. 2012..The present study was designed to assess the immediate effects of acute EMF exposure, movement restriction, and the combination of both on the antioxidant systems and lipid content in the whole brain of rat...
- Hepatoprotective effects of Spirulina maxima in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a case seriesAldo Ferreira-Hermosillo
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico UNAM, Mexico, 04510, Mexico
J Med Case Reports 4:103. 2010..This case report evaluates the hepatoprotective effects of orally supplied Spirulina maxima...