María Asunción Lara
- Prenatal predictors of postpartum depression and postpartum depressive symptoms in Mexican mothers: a longitudinal studyMaría Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Calzada Mexico Xochimilco 101, San Lorenzo Huipulco, 14370, Tlalpan, D F, Mexico
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:825-34. 2016..PPD constitutes a high burden for new mothers, particularly for those living in low-middle-income countries who face social disadvantages (such as low educational attainment and income). ..
- A four-year experience with a Web-based self-help intervention for depressive symptoms in MexicoMaría Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico City, Mexico
Rev Panam Salud Publica 35:399-406. 2014....
- Prevalence and incidence of perinatal depression and depressive symptoms among Mexican womenM Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz Calzada México Xochimilco 101, San Lorenzo Huipulco, Tlalpan, Mexico D F 14370, Mexico Electronic address
J Affect Disord 175:18-24. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess point and period prevalence and incidence of perinatal depression in Mexican women...
- Evaluation of the psychometric measures for the Postpartum Depression Screening Scale-Spanish Version for Mexican womenMa Asunción Lara
Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz National Institute of Psychiatry, Mexico City, Mexico
J Transcult Nurs 24:378-86. 2013..Overall, the psychometric properties for the PDSS-Spanish Version in Mexican women are similar to the ones obtained in Hispanic women in the United States. ..
- Population study of depressive symptoms and risk factors in pregnant and parenting Mexican adolescentsMaría Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatria, Mexico City, Mexico
Rev Panam Salud Publica 31:102-8. 2012..To study the prevalence of, severity of, and risk factors for depressive symptoms in a probabilistic sample of Mexican adolescent mothers...
- Outcome results of a psycho-educational intervention in pregnancy to prevent PPD: a randomized control trialMa Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente, Mexico
J Affect Disord 122:109-17. 2010..This study aims to evaluate the effectiveness of an antenatal psycho-educational intervention to prevent postpartum depression in Mexican women...
- Prenatal depression in Latinas in the U.S. and MexicoMa Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente, Calzada México Xochimilco 101 San Lorenzo Huipulco, Tlalpan, Mexico, DF 14370, Mexico
Matern Child Health J 13:567-76. 2009..The study aimed to investigate the prevalence of depressive symptoms and their associated risk factors during pregnancy in Latinas in the United States (U.S.) and Mexico...
- A psycho-educational intervention for depressed women: a qualitative analysis of the processMa Asunción Lara
Ramon de la Fuente National Institute of Psychiatry, Mexico
Psychol Psychother 77:429-47. 2004..In support of Yalom's assertion, we concluded that this exercise was useful in that it highlighted important therapeutic factors that could be more purposefully manipulated in the future...
- [The influence of life events and social support in a psycho-educational intervention for women with depression]Ma Asunción Lara
Departamento de Investigaciones Epidemiológicas, Dirección de Investigaciones Epidemiológicas y Psicosociales, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatria, Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 46:378-87. 2004..To investigate the influence of social support and adverse life events on depression symptoms, before and after therapy (15-30 days) and during follow-up (4 months) of a psycho-educational intervention for depression...
- [Female depression viewed from women's subjectivity]María Asunción Lara
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Cad Saude Publica 20:818-28. 2004..The women found similarities between the ways they perceived depression and the descriptions in the text, and shared their own experiences. Depression was reported as a central theme in their lives, and they were eager to talk about it...
- Two levels of intervention in low-income women with depressive symptoms: compliance and programme assessmentM A Lara
Ramon de la Fuente National Institute of Psychiatry, Tlalpan, Mexico, DF
Int J Soc Psychiatry 49:43-57. 2003..This study reports on the evaluation of a brief group intervention for women of limited means with depressive symptoms...
- Outcome results of two levels of intervention in low-income women with depressive symptomsM A Lara
Epidemiology Research Department, Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz National Institute of Psychiatry, Tlapan, Mexico DF
Am J Orthopsychiatry 73:35-43. 2003..Similar results were found for criteria-related variables (somatic and anxiety symptoms); an increase in self-esteem was observed as well...
- [Depression: state of the art and the need for public policy and action plans in Mexico]Shoshana Berenzon
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, DF, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 55:74-80. 2013..The paper concludes with a presentation of the implications for research and mental health policy in Mexico...