- Vitamin C supplementation to prevent premature rupture of the chorioamniotic membranes: a randomized trialEsther Casanueva
Public Health Research Branch, National Institute of Perinatology, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Clin Nutr 81:859-63. 2005..Inadequate availability of ascorbic acid during pregnancy has been proposed as a risk factor for premature rupture of the chorioamniotic membranes (PROM)...
- Possible interplay between vitamin C deficiency and prolactin in pregnant women with premature rupture of membranes: facts and hypothesisE Casanueva
Public Health Branch, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Subdirección de Investigación en Salud Pública, Torre de Investigacion, 2 o Piso, Montes Urales 800, Lomas Virreyes, 11000 Mexico City, Mexico
Med Hypotheses 64:241-7. 2005..This hypothesis represents a new dimension in the study of the etiology of PROM...
- Bone mineral density and bone turnover in adolescent mothers after lactationE Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico DF, Mexico
Adv Exp Med Biol 554:341-3. 2004
- [Non-pregnant women's nutrition and its impact in life quality]E Casanueva
Dpto de Investigación en Nutrición, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Montes Urales 800, Mexico, DF CP 11000
Ginecol Obstet Mex 67:104-12. 1999..Practical recommendations directed toward the evaluation and management of the main nutrition needs of adult women are included...
- [Iron deficiency anemia among Mexican women on reproductive age. History of an unresolved problem]Esther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes Montes Urales 800, colonia Lomas de Virreyes, Miguel Hidalgo 11000 México, DF, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 48:166-75. 2006..To describe the prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in the past 66 years among Mexican women on reproductive age, and to analyze the efficacy of interventions implemented for its prevention and control...
- Weekly iron as a safe alternative to daily supplementation for nonanemic pregnant womenEsther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatología Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes INPer, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Arch Med Res 37:674-82. 2006..We undertook this study to compare the effectiveness and safety of antenatal daily and weekly supplementation with iron, folic acid, and vitamin B(12) in healthy, pregnant women who were not anemic at gestational week 20...
- [Bases to determine the dose of vitamin C in pregnancy]Esther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 141:273-7. 2005....
- Iron and folate status before pregnancy and anemia during pregnancyEsther Casanueva
National Institute of Perinatology, Mexico City, Mexico
Ann Nutr Metab 47:60-3. 2003..A lack of information about the role that iron and folate stores (erythrocyte folate) play on the anemia incidence in pregnant women...
- Adolescents with adequate birth weight newborns diminish energy expenditure and cease growthEsther Casanueva
Public Health Research Branch, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, 11000 Mexico City, Mexico
J Nutr 136:2498-501. 2006..010; between subject, P = 0.001). In conclusion, PA appear to adjust their resting energy needs by ceasing growth...
- Depression and body fat deposition in Mexican pregnant adolescentsE Casanueva
Departamento de Investigación en Nutrición, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Arch Med Res 31:48-52. 2000..The objective of this study was to assess the effect of maternal depressive symptomatology on fat deposition in a group of pregnant adolescents...
- [Serum retinol in urban Mexican women during the perinatal period]E Casanueva
Departamento de Investigación en Nutrición, Instituto Nacional de Perinatología INPer, Mexico, D F
Salud Publica Mex 41:317-21. 1999..To establish the prevalence of vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy and lactation in a group of urban Mexican women...
- Gestational weight gain as predicted by pregestational body mass index and gestational age in Mexican womenEsther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Public Health Research Branch, Mexico
Food Nutr Bull 29:334-9. 2008..To develop a reference pattern to evaluate gestational weight according to pregestational body mass index (BMI) and gestational age, using current longitudinal information from healthy pregnant women...
- Collagen synthesis during pregnancy, vitamin C availability, and risk of premature rupture of fetal membranesE Tejero
Nutrition Research Department, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 81:29-34. 2003..To examine the relationship between plasma and leukocyte concentration of ascorbic acid and collagen type I propeptide C during pregnancy and subsequent premature rupture of membranes (PROM)...
- [Development and evaluation of food supplements for the education, health, and nutrition program]J L Rosado
Departamento de Fisiologia de la Nutricion, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, D F
Salud Publica Mex 41:153-62. 1999..To develop and evaluate nutritional supplements destined to a program of social assistance...
- High dosage of ascorbic acid and alpha-tocopherol is not useful for diminishing oxidative stress and DNA damage in healthy elderly adultsRaquel Retana-Ugalde
Unidad de Investigación en Gerontología, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Zaragoza, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Ann Nutr Metab 52:167-73. 2008..To determine the useful dosage of ascorbic acid and alpha-tocopherol against oxidative stress and DNA damage in the elderly...
- Twin pregnancies: eating for three? Maternal nutrition updateMaría E Roselló-Soberón
Departamento de Investigación en Nutrición, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Montes Urales, Mexico
Nutr Rev 63:295-302. 2005..This article is a collation of available recommendations for maternal nutrition and weight gain patterns in twin pregnancies...
- Women with endometriosis improved their peripheral antioxidant markers after the application of a high antioxidant dietJennifer Mier-Cabrera
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City, Mexico
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:54. 2009....
- Iron and oxidative stress in pregnancyEsther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Nutr 133:1700S-1708S. 2003..These risks are not observed in women supplemented with 120 mg iron once or twice per week. Studies on the influence of iron supplementation schemes on oxidative stress are needed...
- Searching for alternative methods of diagnosing gestational diabetes mellitus in a Mexican urban populationCarlos Ortega-González
Department of Endocrinology, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City, Mexico
Med Sci Monit 14:CR598-603. 2008..The aim of the study was to determine whether a predictive value for the diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) could be established using different glucose screening test thresholds in Mexican urban pregnant women...
- [Use of maternal-infant preventative health services in a group of Mexican women]Mayra Chávez-Courtois
Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Departmento de Epidemiología Reproductiva, Subdirección de Investigación en Salud Pública, Mexico, DF
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 7:16-25. 2005..To identify factors that promote the use of health services in a group of women of reproductive age from a gender perspective...
- Prevalence of nutritional deficiencies in Mexican adolescent women with early and late prenatal careEsther Casanueva
Instituto Nacional de Perinatología INPer, Montes Urales, Mexico
Arch Latinoam Nutr 53:35-8. 2003..10; CI 95% 0.02 a 0.48). Lack of opportune prenatal care was associated with the presence of iron and zinc depletion. Probably iron deficiency contributes to an erythrocyte folate accumulation...
- Food components and dietary patterns of two different groups of Mexican lactating womenGraciela Caire-Juvera
Department of Human Nutrition, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, A C Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
J Am Coll Nutr 26:156-62. 2007..To evaluate the energy, nutrient intakes and dietary patterns of Mexican lactating women at one month postpartum, and the associations of maternal age and region on their intakes...
- Risk for postpartum depression, breastfeeding practices, and mammary gland permeabilityMaría Eugenia Flores-Quijano
Department of Nutrition Research, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico City, Mexico
J Hum Lact 24:50-7. 2008....
- Measurement of deuterium oxide by infrared spectroscopy and isotope ratio mass spectrometry for quantifying daily milk intake in breastfed infants and maternal body fatGraciela Caire
Nutrition Department, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Food Nutr Bull 23:38-41. 2002..642) and the mothers' mean body fat were 31.3 +/- 12% and 31.5 +/- 13% (p = .755). The results appear to be the same for milk intake and body fat by the two methods and no evidence of bias was found...
- Increased ERG a- and b-wave amplitudes in 7- to 10-year-old children resulting from prenatal lead exposureStephen J Rothenberg
National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2036-44. 2002..To determine the dose-response relationship between blood lead concentration ([PbB]) and scotopic ERG amplitude in 7- to 10-year-old children with lifetime lead exposure...