- Amino acid composition, score and in vitro protein digestibility of foods commonly consumed in northwest MexicoGraciela Caire-Juvera
Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Nutr Hosp 28:365-71. 2013..4%). Data on the amino acid composition of foods commonly consumed in Mexico can be used to provide valuable information on food analysis and protein quality, and to contribute to nutrition and health research and health programs. ..
- No changes in weight and body fat in lactating adolescent and adult women from MexicoGraciela Caire-Juvera
Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, A C Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Am J Hum Biol 24:425-31. 2012..To evaluate changes in weight and body fat of Mexican adolescent compared to those of adult lactating women from the Northwest (NM) and Central (CM) regions of Mexico in the first trimester postpartum...
- Vitamin A and retinol intakes and the risk of fractures among participants of the Women's Health Initiative Observational StudyGraciela Caire-Juvera
Nutrition Department, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Am J Clin Nutr 89:323-30. 2009..Excessive intakes of vitamin A have been shown to have adverse skeletal effects in animals. High vitamin A intake may lead to an increased risk of fracture in humans...
- Food components and dietary patterns of two different groups of Mexican lactating womenGraciela Caire-Juvera
Department of Human Nutrition, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, A C Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
J Am Coll Nutr 26:156-62. 2007..To evaluate the energy, nutrient intakes and dietary patterns of Mexican lactating women at one month postpartum, and the associations of maternal age and region on their intakes...
- [INFLUENCE OF REPRODUCTIVE FACTORS, BREASTFEEDING AND OBESITY ON THE RISK OF BREAST CANCER IN MEXICAN WOMEN]María Jossé Navarro-Ibarra
Coordinación de Nutrición, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, A C, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Nutr Hosp 32:291-8. 2015..Abdominal obesity (OR=0.93, 95%CI: 0.90-0.97) and weight gain in early adulthood (OR=0.90, 95%CI: 0.85-0.95) were inversely associated to the risk of BC. In conclusion, the practice of breastfeeding may help prevent BC in Mexican women. ..
- Associations between mammographic density and body composition in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women by menopause statusGraciela Caire-Juvera
Nutrition Department, Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Sonora, Mexico
Menopause 15:319-25. 2008..To evaluate the associations of body composition, including percentage of lean and fat mass, with the percentage of mammographic density and mammographic dense area among pre- and postmenopausal Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women...