- [Memory loss: a reason for consultation]
M Menendez Gonzalez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo
Neurologia 20:390-4. 2005
..Memory loss is an increasingly frequent reason for consultation in neurology. The aim of this work is to know the current frequency as well as the characteristics and disorders of the patients who come for this reason...
- Immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease: rational basis in ongoing clinical trials
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 17:508-20. 2011
..These strategies are currently being tested in over 10,000 patients enrolled in one of the more than 40 ongoing clinical trials, most of which are expected to report final results within two years...
- Effects of Methylphenidate on performance of a practical pistol shooting task: a quantitative electroencephalography (qEEG) study
Panic and Respiration Laboratory, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Int Arch Med 4:6. 2011
- Single neuron electroporation in manipulating and measuring the central nervous system
Ti Fei Yuan
Neuroscience, NCI, Shanghai, 200001 China
Int Arch Med 3:28. 2010
..Then the manuscript summarized the potential applications with this technique. Last but not least, the technique showed prospective future when combined with other modern methods in neuroscience research...
- Vasomotor reactivity is similarly impaired in patients with Alzheimer's disease and patients with amyloid hemorrhage
Neurology Department, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Spain
J Neuroimaging 21:e83-5. 2011
..The aim of this study was to assess the vasomotor reactivity in two conditions characterized by CAA: Alzheimer's disease and amyloid hemorrhage...
- Plasmatic level of neurosin predicts outcome of mild cognitive impairment
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Spain
Int Arch Med 1:11. 2008
..The aim of this study is to determine whether measuring plasmatic concentration of neurosin is a valuable test to predict progression of MCI...
- Value of measuring plasmatic levels of neurosin in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 14:59-67. 2008
- Transient global amnesia: increasing evidence of a venous etiology
Manuel Menendez Gonzalez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Hospital Monte Naranco, c Julian Claveria s n, Oviedo, CP 33006 Spain
Arch Neurol 63:1334-6. 2006
- Cerebral gas embolism caused by pleural fibrinolytic treatment
Neurology Unit, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Oviedo, Spain
Stroke 38:2602-4. 2007
..The CT revealed multiple air-isodense spots in right hemisphere of the brain, suggesting cerebral air embolism. As a result of early diagnosis and emergency hyperbaric oxygenation, the patient recovered without delayed sequelae...
- Exacerbation of Lewy bodies dementia due to memantine
Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Secretaria de Neurologia, Oviedo, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 8:289-91. 2005
..There are few data available about the use of memantine in DLB...
- APP processing and the APP-KPI domain involvement in the amyloid cascade
Neurology Department, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Neurodegener Dis 2:277-83. 2005
- Evidence of nestin-positive cells in the human cutaneus Meissner and Pacinian corpuscles
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, C Julian Claveria 6, Planta 9, Oviedo, Spain
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 11:869-77. 2012
..Because their localization they are easily accessible and may represent a peripheral niche of NSC to be used for therapeutic goals...
- [Treatment pattern of Alzheimer's disease with cholinesterase inhibitors (TRAIN study)]
Servicio de Neurología Hospitales, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, 41013 Sevilla, Espana
Rev Neurol 46:461-4. 2008
- Clinical implication of Meissner`s corpuscles
Jose A Vega
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, C Julian Claveria 6, Oviedo, Spain
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 11:856-68. 2012
..Finally the article draws the main aspects of how to study Meissner's corpuscles in skin biopsies and gives a view on future perspectives for implementing their use in clinical practice...
- Structural Neuroimaging of the Medial Temporal Lobe in Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Trials
Unidad de Neurologia, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Asturias, Espana
J Alzheimers Dis 48:581-9. 2015
..They then discuss solutions to the limitations of the different techniques as well as the current challenges of the field. Finally, they discuss how the current advances in AD neuroimaging can help AD diagnosis. ..
- Partial motor status epilepticus as a clinical manifestation of carotid stenosis
Service of Neurology, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Astuias, Spain
Int Arch Med 3:18. 2010
..Clinical, neuroimaging and electroencephalographic findings are provided. We conclude that focal motor seizures should be distinguished from LS based on clinical and electroencephalographic findings...
- Partial trisomy 13q22-qter associated to leukoencephalopathy and late onset generalised epilepsy
Unit of Neurology, Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Spain
Int Arch Med 1:5. 2008
- [Description of a novel test for the early detection of Alzheimer's disease]
Universidad de Oviedo, Facultad de Psicologia, Oviedo, Spain
Rev Neurol 44:469-74. 2007
..Diagnosing Alzheimer's disease (AD) as soon as possible is critical to achieve an effective treatment of patients...