- Current beliefs and attitudes regarding epilepsy in Mali
Neurology Department, Gabriel Touré Teaching Hospital, PO Box 267, Bamako, Mali Electronic address
Epilepsy Behav 33:115-21. 2014
..Perceptions and attitudes have not seemingly evolved with advancing medical knowledge. The objective of this study was to assess parental beliefs and attitudes in families with and without affected children...
- Occipital lobe epilepsy secondary to posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES) during a post-partum eclampsia in Mali (West Africa)
Neurology Department, CHU Gabriel Toure, Bamako, Mali and Faculty of Medicine pharmacy and Odonto stomatology, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
BMC Res Notes 6:321. 2013
..In spite the magnitude of these lesions, post eclamptic symptomatic epilepsy is rare. We therefore report a case of symptomatic occipital lobe epilepsy secondary to PRES...
- [Neuropathic pain during tuberculosis treatment in Bamako (Mali)]
Service de Neurologie, CHU de Gabriel Touré, Bamako, Mali
Med Sante Trop 22:312-6. 2012
..The aim of this study was to investigate neuropathic pain due to antituberculosis drugs in patients without HIV infection...
- [Knowledge of epilepsy and practices of parents in Mali: a community study]
Service de Neurologie, CHU Gabriel Toure BP 267, Bamako, Mali
Mali Med 26:30-3. 2011
..The fight against epilepsy in Mali as in the others countries of the third world should go through information and education of the population, in particular parents...
- [Impact of market place activity on the spread of STI/AIDS in Sikasso, Mali]
Service de Neurologie, CHU Gabriel Toure, Bamako, Mali
Med Trop (Mars) 70:65-9. 2010
..Control strategies to fight against STI/AIDS could be improved by taking into account market place activity that is common in all localities of Mali and Africa...
- [Epilepsy and women's life: particularities of their management. Literature review]
Service de Neurologie, CHU Gabriel Toure BP, Bamako, Mali
Mali Med 25:1-9. 2010
..A close collaboration between health practitioners (obstetricians and neurologists) and an awareness of health professionals are essential for a global care of pregnant epileptic women or at age to conceive...
- [Miliary tuberculosis in Mali during the decade 2000-2009]
Service de Pneumo phtisiologie, CHU du Point G, Bamako, Mali
Rev Pneumol Clin 68:17-22. 2012
..001). The serology HIV was positive at 29 patients on 124 tested. Also, in areas with high prevalence TB/HIV, any miliary fever in the absence of other obvious etiologies should undertake without delay TB proper treatment...