- Clinical epidemiology and resistance mechanisms of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, French Guiana, 2008-2014
Infection Control Unit, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne, Cayenne, French Guiana EPAT EA 3595, Université de Guyane, Cayenne, French Guiana Electronic address
Int J Antimicrob Agents 48:51-5. 2016
..baumannii from French Guiana and the Amazon basin. The ICU was the highest risk unit of this nosocomial outbreak of OXA-23-producing CRAB, which could subsequently disseminate within the hospital. ..
- Climatic drivers of seasonal influenza epidemics in French Guiana, 2006-2010
Fogarty International Centre, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
J Infect 67:141-7. 2013
..Influenza seasonality remains poorly studied in Equatorial regions. Here we assessed the seasonal characteristics and environmental drivers of influenza epidemics in French Guiana, where influenza surveillance was established in 2006...
- Risk of rabies transmission and adverse effects of postexposure prophylaxis in health care workers exposed to a fatal case of human rabies
Infectious Diseases and Hygiene Unit, Andree Rosemon Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
Am J Infect Control 40:456-8. 2012
- Additive preventive effect of influenza and pneumococcal vaccines in the elderly: results of a large cohort study
Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine Department, Cayenne General Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
Hum Vaccin Immunother 9:128-35. 2013
..An additive effect was observed in the prevention of all-cause mortality with influenza and pneumococcal vaccines given together in elderly people, including in those with underlying chronic disease...
- Comparison between emerging Q fever in French Guiana and endemic Q fever in Marseille, France
Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France Department of Infectious and Tropical Disease, Centre Hospitalier Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne, French Guiana
Am J Trop Med Hyg 90:915-9. 2014
..024). The differing epidemiology, clinical, and serologic responses of patients from Cayenne and Marseille suggest a different source of infection and a different strain of Coxiella burnetii...
- First human rabies case in French Guiana, 2008: epidemiological investigation and control
Jean Baptiste Meynard
Institut Pasteur de la Guyane, Cayenne, French Guiana
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1537. 2012
- Q fever in French Guiana
Unité de Recherche sur Les Maladies Infectieuses et Ttropicales Émergentes, Unités Mxtes de Rcherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 7278, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement 198, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 1095, Faculte de Medecine, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France Unité de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne, French Guiana
Am J Trop Med Hyg 91:771-6. 2014
..Further studies are necessary to identify this reservoir. Identification of this reservoir will improve the understanding of the Q fever epidemic in French Guiana and will provide new tools to control this public health problem. ..
- High prevalence of HBsAg during pregnancy in Asian communities at Cayenne Hospital, French Guiana
Unité des Maladies Infectieuses et Hygiène, Centre Hospitalier Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne, French Guiana
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:711-3. 2010
..With 11.0% HBsAg prevalence, Asian women (Hmong and Chinese) were the group with the highest risk of hepatitis B virus (HBV) perinatal transmission compared with other ethnic groups...
- Increased incidence of mucosal candidiasis after HAART initiation: a benign form of immune reconstitution disease?
COREVIH Cayenne General Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
AIDS 21:2534-6. 2007
..The present study was conducted to determine whether the initiation of HAART was followed by an increase in the incidence of mucosal candidiases, a possible manifestation of immune reconstitution disease of the unmasking type...
- Unique clone of Coxiella burnetii causing severe Q fever, French Guiana
Centre Hospitalier Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne, French Guiana
Emerg Infect Dis 19:1102-4. 2013
..This clone has caused pneumonia and endocarditis and seems to be more virulent than previously described strains...