- Extended plantar limb (modified) chevron osteotomy versus scarf osteotomy for hallux valgus correction: A randomised controlled trial
Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK Electronic address
Foot Ankle Surg 22:109-13. 2016
..The purpose of this RCT was to compare the extended plantar limb (modified) chevron osteotomy with the scarf osteotomy in correcting hallux valgus deformity and improving functional scores and patient satisfaction...
- What factors predict the need for further intervention following corticosteroid injection of Morton's neuroma?
University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester LE5 4PW, UK Electronic address
Foot Ankle Surg 22:9-11. 2016
..This study investigated factors that may predict the need for Morton's neuroma (MN) to undergo further treatment within 2 years of a single ultrasound-guided corticosteroid injection...
- First metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis - Do joint configuration and preparation technique matter?
Leicester Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, LE5 4PW, UK Electronic address
Foot Ankle Surg 21:103-7. 2015
..The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of joint configuration and preparation on first metatarsophalangeal (MTPJ) union rates...
- Dislodging medial-sided soft tissue interposition in ankle fractures
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:435-6. 2008
- Maximum surgical blood ordering schedules for revision lower limb arthroplasty
University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:663-7. 2011
..A retrospective analysis was undertaken to establish an evidence-based MSBOS for revision total hip replacement (THR) and total knee revision (TKR). The impact of this schedule on blood conservation was analysed...
- Revision total hip replacement: predictors of blood loss, transfusion requirements, and length of hospitalisation
SpR Trauma and Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester LE5 4PW, UK
J Orthop Traumatol 11:159-65. 2010
..Revision total hip replacement (THR) is associated with increased blood loss and extended hospitalization...
- Combined femoral and sciatic nerve block vs combined femoral and periarticular infiltration in total knee arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial
Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, United Kingdom
J Arthroplasty 27:1806-11. 2012
..Anesthetic time, surgical time, and length of hospital stay (5.5 vs 6 days) were similar. This study showed no significant difference between the 2 groups. The PI offers a practical and potentially safer alternative to SNB...
- Cement extrusion during hip arthroplasty causing pain and obturator nerve impingement
Department of Trauma and Orthopedics, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Devon, UK
J Arthroplasty 24:158.e1-3. 2009
..Injection of local anesthetic/steroid under image guidance can help elucidate this diagnosis and provide a pain-relieving effect...