- Impact of obstructive interval and sperm granuloma on patency and pregnancy after vasectomy reversal
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Int J Androl 33:730-5. 2010
..However, when counselling patients and their female partners, it is of utmost importance to stress that the age of the female partner is an independent predictor of successful vasectomy reversal...
- Prostate specific antigen density to predict prostate cancer upgrading in a contemporary radical prostatectomy series: a single center experience
Department of Urology, Charité Hospital Berlin, Campus Mitte, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Urol 183:126-31. 2010
..We investigated the value of pretreatment prostate specific antigen density to predict Gleason score upgrading in light of significant changes in grading routine in the last 2 decades...
- Impact of surgical technique (open vs laparoscopic vs robotic-assisted) on pathological and biochemical outcomes following radical prostatectomy: an analysis using propensity score matching
Department of Urology, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
BJU Int 107:1956-62. 2011
..To investigate a single institution experience with radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP), laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP) and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy (RARP) with respect to pathological and biochemical outcomes...
- Impact of fast-track postoperative care on intestinal function, pain, and length of hospital stay after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
Department of Urology, Charite University Medicine, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
J Endourol 25:1143-7. 2011
..We investigated pain scores, ambulation rate, and recovery of intestinal function in a cohort of patients who were undergoing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP)...
- [Evaluation of obstructive interval, presence of sperm granulomas and patient age as predictors of spermatogenesis in a cohort of men undergoing vasectomy reversal]
Abteilung für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin
Aktuelle Urol 41:52-7. 2010
..Thus far there is little knowledge about potential histological changes of the testis caused by vasectomy...
- [Introduction of interdisciplinary prostate cancer centers based on the recommendations of the German Cancer Society. A cost-benefit analysis 3 years after accreditation]
Klinik für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Deutschland
Urologe A 50:1083-8. 2011
..Short-term improvements in quality of care cannot be unequivocally demonstrated. Prostate cancer centers serve an important role in counseling and medical education and may thus help disseminate evidence-based treatment strategies...
- [Propensity Score Comparison of the Various Radical Surgical Techniques for High-risk Prostate Cancer]
Klinik für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin
Aktuelle Urol 46:45-51. 2015
..We aimed to investigate the influence of the different surgical techniques on pathologic outcome and biochemical recurrence...