- Preoperative gemcitabine for unresectable, solid pseudopapillary tumour of the pancreas
Division of Medical Oncology, Oncology Hospital of the National Medical Centre Century XXI, Mexican Institute of Social Security, Mexico City, Mexico
Lancet Oncol 6:185-6. 2005
- [Clinical and pathological features of breast cancer in a population of Mexico]
Cirugía Oncológica, Instituto de Enfermedades de la Mama, Fundación de Cáncer de Mama, A C FUCAM, Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico Electronic address
Cir Cir . 2016
..In this study, the clinical and pathological features that play a role as a prognostic factor in a representative population with breast cancer in México are described...
- [Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy with lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy in early cervical cancer]
División de Cirurgía, Departamento de Ginecología Oncológica, Hospital de Oncologia, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, DF Mexico
Ginecol Obstet Mex 78:345-51. 2010
- [Laparoscopy for staging and treatment of cervical cancer]
Departamento de Ginecología Oncológica, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
Ginecol Obstet Mex 77:213-8. 2009
..Laparoscopic surgery for cervical cancer (CC) study and treatment is one of the main achievements in last years...
- Tumor size as predictor of microinvasion, invasion, and axillary metastasis in ductal carcinoma in situ
Breast Tumor Department, Hospital de Oncologia, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico City, Mexico
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:223-7. 2006
..5 cm and supports the importance of axillary evaluation in patients with tumors >3.5 cm by means of lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy...
- [Laparoscopic hysterectomy in the surgical treatment of gynecological malignant and premalignant diseases]
Cir Cir 73:107-12. 2005
..However, its use in malignant or premalignant gynecological lesions is not well established. The objective of the present study was to show the feasibility of LH in a tertiary cancer center...
- [Parathyroid glands radio-guided surgery]
Hospital de Oncología del Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS
Cir Cir 72:183-7. 2004
..Gamma probe is a useful tool that complements a well performed localization of parathyroid adenomas...
- Thrombocytosis as a predictor of distant recurrence in patients with rectal cancer
Colon and Rectum Service, Division of Surgical Oncology, Hospital de Oncologia, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 43:305-11. 2012
..Thrombocytosis is frequently observed in patients with malignancy. We undertook this study to determine the prognostic value of thrombocytosis in patients with rectal cancer...
- Prognostic significance of circumferential margin involvement in rectal adenocarcinoma treated with preoperative chemoradiotherapy and low anterior resection
Colorectal Service, Surgical Oncology Department, Hospital de Oncologia, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Colonia Doctores, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Surg Oncol 90:20-5. 2005
..Histologic examination of circumferential margins is an important predictor of local and distant relapse in non-radiated rectal cancer. However, for patients who received preoperative chemoradiotherapy this role has not yet been addressed...
- [Transverse glossectomy for tongue cancer treatment]
José Francisco Gallegos-Hernández
Departamento de Tumores de Cabeza y Cuello, Hospital de Oncologia, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Av Cuauhtemoc 330, Col Doctores, CP 06725, Mexico D F, Mexico
Cir Cir 72:11-3. 2004
..Although surgical margins are sufficient, they are usually larger than necessary...