- The role of intrinsic sphincteric deficiency diagnosis in the era of midurethral sling
Bell Hospital, Marquette County, MI 49849, USA
Curr Urol Rep 12:387-92. 2011
..This article reviews and discusses the definitions of ISD and the latest research into the role of ISD determination in the era of the midurethral sling...
- Impaired detrusor contractility: anything new?
The Northern Michigan Bladder Control Center, 100 Malton Road, Negaunee, MI 49866, USA
Curr Urol Rep 3:373-7. 2002
..We review and discuss novel and creative treatment options for patients with IDC that have been developed or tested over the past decade...
- New periurethral bulking agent for stress urinary incontinence: modified technique and early results
Center for Reconstructive Urology, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center and Mississippi Methodist Rehabilitation Center, Jackson, USA
J Urol 170:2327-9. 2003
..A concern regarding use is difficulty involved with application. A modified technique for easier implantation of this agent is described and early results are reported...
- Periurethral mass formations following bulking agent injection for the treatment of urinary incontinence
Department of Urology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Urol 175:1408-10. 2006
..Durasphere is gaining popularity as a bulking agent for treating women with stress urinary incontinence. We present a series of patients with periurethral mass formation following Durasphere injection...
- Bladder wall abscess following midurethral sling procedure
Departments of Urology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, HSC 9 040, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8093, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:180-1. 2006
..Sling erosion and pelvic abscess are rare complications of midurethral slings. We report the first case of an abscess formed within the wall of the urinary bladder, 7 months following a midurethral sling procedure...
- Urethral reconstruction in spinal cord injury patients
Charles L Secrest
Center for Reconstructive Urology, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, Jackson, USA
J Urol 170:1217-21; discussion 1221. 2003
..We evaluate the role of urethral reconstruction in this subset of patients...
- Transitional cell carcinoma associated with marijuana: case report and review of the literature
Alan M Nieder
Department of Urology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Urology 67:200. 2006
..The patient's only risk factor for transitional cell carcinoma was the inhalation of up to five marijuana cigarettes daily for more than 30 years. We present our case and review the literature...
- Urethral erosion of tension-free vaginal tape
Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 59:601. 2002
..The sling material was surgically removed and the urethral defect repaired, with the patient continent at the 3-month follow-up visit. A mid-urethral synthetic sling such as the TVT can erode into the urethra...
- Re: Erosion of a male polypropylene sling
J Urol 174:397. 2005
- Novel technique for combined repair of postirradiation vesicovaginal fistula and augmentation ileocystoplasty
Thomas H S Hsu
Section of Voiding Dysfunction and Female Urology, Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 59:597-9. 2002
..Concomitant vesicovaginal fistula and significant bladder contracture after radiation is an uncommon but complex urologic problem. We describe a surgical technique to address both issues and present our preliminary clinical data...