- Lycopene-rich tomato oleoresin modulates plasma adiponectin concentration and mRNA levels of adiponectin, SIRT1, and FoxO1 in adipose tissue of obese rats
R A M Luvizotto
Institute of Health Science, Federal University of Mato Grosso UFMT, Sinop, Mato Grosso, Brazil Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu Medical School UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hum Exp Toxicol 34:612-9. 2015
..To investigate whether lycopene can modulate adiponectin levels and SIRT1 and FoxO1 gene expression in the adipose tissue of diet-induced obese rats...
- Experimental hyperthyroidism decreases gene expression and serum levels of adipokines in obesity
Renata de Azevedo Melo Luvizotto
Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo State, 18618 000 Botucatu, SP, Brazil
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:780890. 2012
..To analyze the influence of hyperthyroidism on the gene expression and serum concentration of leptin, resistin, and adiponectin in obese animals...
- Supraphysiological triiodothyronine doses diminish leptin and adiponectin gene expression, but do not alter resistin expression in calorie restricted obese rats
R A M Luvizotto
Department of Clinical Medicine, Botucatu School of Medicine, UNESP University of São Paulo State, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 43:452-7. 2011
..55±0.5, RS1: 0.95±0.15, RS2 0.97±0.13) was diminished independent of the T(3) dose. These results indicate that T(3), directly or indirectly, inhibits the expression of leptin and adiponectin in calorie restricted obese animals...
- Obesity induces upregulation of genes involved in myocardial Ca2+ handling
A P Lima-Leopoldo
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:615-20. 2008
..05) but did not modify the mRNA levels of Cacna1c and NCX. These findings show that obesity induced by high-fat diet causes cardiac upregulation of Ca2+ transport_related genes in the sarcoplasmic reticulum...
- Tamoxifen inhibits transforming growth factor-alpha gene expression in human breast carcinoma samples treated with triiodothyronine
S J Conde
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medical Clinic, UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil
J Endocrinol Invest 31:1047-51. 2008
..To examine the effects of triiodothyronine (T3), 17beta-estradiol (E2), and tamoxifen (TAM) on transforming growth factor (TGF)-alpha gene expression in primary breast cancer cell cultures and interactions between the different treatments...