- Assessment of Lithuanian trauma care service using a conceptual framework for assessing the performance of health system
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Eur J Public Health 22:26-31. 2012
..The trauma system plays an important role in injury statistics. The objective of this article is to describe and assess the performance of Lithuanian trauma sector...
- [Perforated duodenal ulcer: benefits and risks of laparoscopic repair]
Clinic of General and Vascular Surgery, Vilnius University, Center of General Surgery, 2nd Department of Abdominal Surgery, Vilnius University Emergency Hospital, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:522-37. 2004
..The primary goal of this article is to describe the possible risk factors in laparoscopic duodenal ulcer repair. The secondary goal is to clarify benefits of the laparoscopic surgery...
- [Laparoscopic repair of perforated duodenal ulcer: early postoperative results and risk factors]
2nd Abdominal Surgery Department, Vilnius University Emergency Hospital, Siltnamiu 29, 04130 Vilnius, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:1054-68. 2004
..The purpose of our paper is to describe the early outcome results after this operation and to define the risk factors influencing the genesis of postoperative morbidity...
- Risk factors influencing the early outcome results after laparoscopic repair of perforated duodenal ulcer and their predictive value
Clinic of General and Plastic Surgery, Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Vilnius University, Siltnamiu str 29, 04130, Vilnius, Lithuania
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:413-20. 2005
..The aims of our study are to report the early outcome results after operation and to define the predictive values of risk factors influencing conversion rate and genesis of suture leakage...
- Management strategies, early results, benefits, and risk factors of laparoscopic repair of perforated peptic ulcer
2nd Department of Abdominal Surgery, Clinic of General and Plastic Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Traumatology, Vilnius University Emergency Hospital, Vilnius University, Siltnamiu Street 29, LT 04130 Vilnius, Lithuania
World J Surg 29:1299-310. 2005
..Inadequate ulcer localization, large perforation size (defined by some as > 6 mm diameter, and by others as > 10 mm), and ulcers with friable edges are also considered as conversion risk factors...
- Systematic review comparing laparoscopic and open repair for perforated peptic ulcer
Clinic of General and Plastic Surgery, Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, General Surgery Centre, Vilnius University Emergency Hospital, 29 Siltnamiu Street, LT 04130, Vilnius, Lithuania
Br J Surg 92:1195-207. 2005
..The advantages of laparoscopic over open repair for perforated peptic ulcer are not as obvious as they may seem. This paper summarizes the published trials comparing the two approaches...
- Comparison of laparoscopic versus open repair for perforated duodenal ulcers
Clinic of General and Plastic Surgery, Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Vilnius University, 29 Siltnamiu Street, Vilnius, LT 04130, Lithuania
Surg Endosc 19:1565-71. 2005
..The purpose of this study was to compare the early outcome results of laparoscopic and open repair and to propose which risk factors influence the outcome...
- The epidemiology of injury in the Republic of Lithuania
Department of International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Scand J Public Health 38:386-94. 2010
..Such a situation analysis will inform the important dialogue happening in Lithuania with respect to renewal of the trauma programme and help to profile the burden of injury in the country...
- The epidemiology of road traffic injuries in the Republic of Lithuania, 1998-2007
International Injury Research Unit, Department of International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Eur J Public Health 20:702-6. 2010
..In doing so, this analysis attempts to emphasize the need for RTI prevention policies and programmes...
- Analytical review of 664 cases of penetrating buttock trauma
Major Trauma Centre, King s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, King s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, UK
World J Emerg Surg 6:33. 2011
..In conclusion, penetrating buttock trauma should be regarded as a life-threatening injury with impact beyond the pelvis until proven otherwise...
- Incidence, risk, management, and outcomes of iatrogenic full-thickness large bowel injury associated with 56,882 colonoscopies in 14 Lithuanian hospitals
Narimantas Evaldas Samalavicius
Center of Oncosurgery, Institute of Oncology, Clinic of Internal Diseases, Family Medicine and Oncology of Medical Faculty, Vilnius University, 1 Santariskiu str, LT 08660 Vilnius, Lithuania
Surg Endosc 27:1628-35. 2013
..We assessed characteristics of patients who were treated as a result of this complication; management and outcomes were the secondary goals of this study...
- Subtotal gastrectomy with conventional D2 lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of the distal gastric portion: A retrospective cohort study on clinical outcomes
School of Medicine, Vilnius University, 21 M K Ciurlionio str, LT 03101, Vilnius, Lithuania
Ann Med Surg (Lond) 6:36-41. 2016
..The study was aimed to delineate the postoperative morbidity, mortality and long-term follow-up results after R0 subtotal gastrectomy with D2 lymphadenectomy for invasive non-disseminated adenocarcinoma of the distal gastric portion...