- Occurrence of a FAB-M1 AML in a child during treatment of APL: emergence of an immature clone or a therapy related-AML?
Luca Lo Nigro
Center of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Catania, Via S Sofia 78, 95123 Catania, Italy
Haematologica 87:ELT26. 2002
- Biology of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Luca Lo Nigro
Head of Cytogenetic and Molecular Biology Laboratory for Onco Hematological Disease, Center of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Azienda Policlinico OVE, Catania, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:245-52. 2013
..Finally, as future treatment will be individualized on the basis of biological features, the pediatric hemato-oncologists need to be ready and prepared to tailor the "right treatment" to the "right children" with ALL...
- Association of cytogenetic abnormalities with detection of BCR-ABL fusion transcripts in children with T-lineage lymphoproliferative diseases (T-ALL and T-NHL)
Luca Lo Nigro
Center of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University of Catania, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:278-80. 2004
- Vulvar Melanoma Associated with Lichen Sclerosus in a Child: Case Report and Literature Review
Milena La Spina
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Unit, AOU Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 33:e190-e194. 2016
..The authors describe the sixth pediatric case to date of primary vulvar melanoma associated with lichen sclerosus and propose a practical management for such a rare cancer...
- Bilateral adrenal neuroblastoma in the infant: Is it an image-defined risk factor?
a Unit of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Hospital Policlinico, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:259-63. 2016
..Both tumors were resectable and without IDRFs, but bilateral resection was considered mutilating, so it was decided to operate one side only. The authors suggest considering bilaterality among IDRFs. ..
- Clinical manifestations and management of four children with Pearson syndrome
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 155:3063-6. 2011
..In this latter patient transplantation corrected hematological and non-hematological issues like metabolic acidosis, and we therefore argue that it could be considered as a useful option in an early stage of the disease...
- Simultaneous tumors: acute myeloid leukemia infiltrating mediastinal ganglioneuroblastoma
Andrea Di Cataldo
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:298-300. 2011
..Our observation suggests that in patients with more than one tumor, though discovered at different times, one neoplasm is not always secondary...
- Managing hepatosplenic gammadelta T-cell leukemia-lymphoma in children
Luca Lo Nigro
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:763. 2007
- Prognostic role of minimal residual disease in mature B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia of childhood
Clinica di Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Azienda Ospedaliera Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:5254-61. 2007
..To study the prevalence of t(8;14) at diagnosis and the response kinetics to treatment of minimal residual disease (MRD) in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL) patients and determine its impact on prognosis...
- Long-term results of the AIEOP-ALL-95 Trial for Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: insight on the prognostic value of DNA index in the framework of Berlin-Frankfurt-Muenster based chemotherapy
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:283-9. 2008
..The prognostic value of DNA index was explored in this setting...
- Treatment reduction in highly selected standard-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The AIEOP ALL-9501 study
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, 90134 Palermo, Italy
Haematologica 90:1186-91. 2005
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of treatment reduction in a subset of children with ALL at minimal risk of failure...
- Role of treatment intensification in infants with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of two consecutive AIEOP studies
Centro Ricerche Leucemie Infantili M Tettamanti, Clinica Pediatrica Università Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Haematologica 91:534-7. 2006
..The corresponding figures for patients treated in the ALL-91 high-risk protocol (reduced induction and nine blocks) were one of seven patients treated with chemotherapy only and none of two who were transplanted...
- Marked osteoporosis and spontaneous vertebral fractures in children: don't forget, it could be leukemia
Centro di Riferimento Regionale di Ematologia ed Oncologia Pediatrica, Universita di Catania, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 41:450-1. 2003
- Prognostic impact of t(9;11) in childhood acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
Luca Lo Nigro
Leukemia 17:636. 2003
- Long-term results of a randomized trial on extended use of high dose L-asparaginase for standard risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Associazione Italiana di Ematologia Oncologia Pediatrica AIEOP, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:7161-7. 2005