- Deletions of the Aequorea victoria green fluorescent protein define the minimal domain required for fluorescence
CLONTECH Laboratories, Inc, 1020 East Meadow Circle, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
J Biol Chem 272:28545-9. 1997
..14, 1246-1251) that a tightly packed structure exists in the protein. We also generated internal deletions within the loop regions of GFP according to its crystal structure and found that all such deletions eliminated GFP fluorescence...
- Generation of destabilized green fluorescent protein as a transcription reporter
Laboratories, Inc, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34970-5. 1998
..Because of its autofluorescence, destabilized EGFP can be used to directly correlate gene induction with biochemical change, such as NFkappaB translocation to the nucleus...
- Characterization of NFkappaB activation by detection of green fluorescent protein-tagged IkappaB degradation in living cells
CLONTECH Laboratories, Inc, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
J Biol Chem 274:21244-50. 1999
..Finally, we showed that the rate of TNFalpha-induced degradation of IG remains almost constant throughout the cell cycle, except at the mitotic phase, in which IG degrades more slowly...
- A murine model of opioid-induced hyperalgesia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System and Stanford University Department of Anesthesiology, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 86:56-62. 2001
..Thus we have characterized a murine model of OIH which will be useful in the pursuit of the molecular mechanisms underlying this phenomenon...
- Heme oxygenase inhibitors reduce formalin-induced Fos expression in mouse spinal cord tissue
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) and Stanford University Department of Anesthesiology, 112A, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Neuroscience 105:949-56. 2001
..Furthermore, from these results we suggest that the heme oxygenase type 2 located in spinal cord dorsal horn neurons participates in this nociceptive pathway...
- Increased expression of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II alpha during chronic morphine exposure
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University and Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue, 94304, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Neuroscience 123:769-75. 2004
..The involvement of this enzyme in opioid tolerance suggests other parallels may exist between the neuroplastic events related to memory formation and those related to opioid tolerance or pain...
- Opioid-induced hyperalgesia and incisional pain
Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System and Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Anesth Analg 93:204-9. 2001
..We suggest that failure to take into consideration preoperative opioid use can lead to excessive postoperative pain...
- Syncytin is a captive retroviral envelope protein involved in human placental morphogenesis
Genetics Institute, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Nature 403:785-9. 2000
..Our data indicate that syncytin may mediate placental cytotrophoblast fusion in vivo, and thus may be important in human placental morphogenesis...
- Sulfation of iodothyronines by human sulfotransferase 1C1 (SULT1C1)*
VA Medical Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, and Creighton University School of Medicine, 68105, USA, Omaha, NE, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1713-6. 2000
..The presence of SULT1C1 in the adult thyroid gland raises the possibilities that the enzyme can contribute to intraglandular thyroid hormone processing and iodide reutilization...
- Heme oxygenase type 2 modulates behavioral and molecular changes during chronic exposure to morphine
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System and Stanford University Department of Anesthesiology, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Neuroscience 121:999-1005. 2003
..Furthermore, these studies suggest that the mechanisms underlying analgesic tolerance and opioid-induced hypersensitivity are at least somewhat distinct...