- Hepatic angiosarcoma arising in an adult mesenchymal hamartoma
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300060, China PR
Int Semin Surg Oncol 4:3. 2007
..Based on this case and some reports, hepatic hamartoma may develop to hepatic angiosarcoma...
- Postoperative transhepatic arterial chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized study with 131 cases
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300060, PR China
Dig Surg 23:235-40. 2006
- Efficacy of postoperative transarterial chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma complicated by portal vein tumor thrombosis--a randomized study
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 30:2004-11; discussion 2012-3. 2006
- Tropospheric trace gases at Bremen measured with FTIR spectrometry
O R Salau
Institute of Environmental Physics, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Environ Monit 11:1529-34. 2009
..The results suggest that the background air in Bremen is mainly influenced by long-ranged transport of biomass burning products. Local pollution plays a minor role for the measurements performed in Bremen...
- Support for smoke-free policies among smokers and non-smokers in six cities in China: ITC China Survey
National Center for Chronic and Non communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 27 Nanwei Road, Beijing, P R China
Tob Control 19:i40-6. 2010
..To examine levels of support for comprehensive smoke-free policies in six large Chinese cities...
- Correlation of four vascular specific growth factors with carcinogenesis and portal vein tumor thrombus formation in human hepatocellular carcinoma
Department of Hepatobiliary Oncology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Hospital, Tianjin, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:403-9. 2006
..764, 0.510, 0.640 and 0.366 in HCC (P = 0.000, 0.000 0.000 and 0.003). In conclusion VEGF, Ang2 and EG-VEGF mRNA may play a role in angiogenesis and carcinogenesis of HCC. They can promote PVTT formation in HCC by modulating angiogenesis...
- Sustained and stable hematopoietic donor-recipient mixed chimerism after unrelated cord blood transplantation for adult patients with severe aplastic anemia
Department of Hematology, First Municipal People s Hospital, Guangzhou, China
Eur J Haematol 75:430-5. 2005
..This study shows that durable donor-recipient stable mixed chimerism can be achieved by unrelated CBSCT in patients with SAA. Umbilical cord blood could be employed as a source of hematopoietic stem cell for adult transplantation...
- Clinical characteristics of the patients with hepatitis B combining hepatitis D infection
Infectious Disease Center of Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 9:34-6. 2001
..HDV infection can inhibit the replication of HBV DNA or HBeAg expression. The effects of direct cytotoxicity of HDV on hepatocytes may play a major pathogenic role in acute hepatitis and in aggravating illness status to severe type...
- Green tea consumption and lung cancer risk: the Ohsaki study
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Br J Cancer 99:1179-84. 2008
..14 (95% CI: 0.80-1.62), 1.18 (95% CI: 0.83-1.66), and 1.17 (95% CI: 0.85-1.61), respectively (P for trend=0.48). This cohort study has found no evidence that green tea consumption is associated with lung cancer...
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes
N Engl J Med 358:2560-72. 2008
..In patients with type 2 diabetes, the effects of intensive glucose control on vascular outcomes remain uncertain...
- BRE is an antiapoptotic protein in vivo and overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma
B C L Chan
Clinical Immunology Unit and Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR, China
Oncogene 27:1208-17. 2008
..Indeed, all cell lines analysed express high levels of BRE. In conclusion, BRE is antiapoptotic in vivo, and may promote tumorigenesis when overexpressed...
- [Ex-PRESS miniature glaucoma implant inserted under a scleral flap in open-angle glaucoma surgery: a retrospective study]
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 30:18-23. 2007
..1) To present the Ex-PRESS device implanted under a scleral flap in open-angle glaucoma patients and to report its safety and efficacy; (2) to compare the results obtained without a scleral flap in a glaucoma group...
- Twenty-year trends of primary liver cancer incidence rates in an urban Chinese population
X S Hao
Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin China
Eur J Cancer Prev 12:273-9. 2003
..As the observed decline is relatively small and inconsistent across sex and age groups, a continued epidemiological observation on this condition is required...
- Morphological alteration and biological properties of hepatocytes not related to tumorigenesis following transfection with HCV core protein
Department of Viral Immunology, Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Kunming, China
J Viral Hepat 12:20-6. 2005
..In conclusion, the hepatocytes transfected with the HCV core gene revealed that the core protein expressed induced pathological changes of degeneration, probably related indirectly to tumorigenicity...
- Is downregulation of MHC class I antigen expression in human non-small cell lung cancer associated with prolonged survival?
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:891-9. 2006
..To characterize HLA class I antigen expression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) lesions, and to assess the clinical significance of these molecules' downregulation...
- Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for beta-thalassemia major: an experience from China
Department of Pediatrics, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:171-4. 2006
- Successful allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (BMT) by injection of bone marrow cells via portal vein: stromal cells as BMT-facilitating cells
T X Fan
First Department of Pathology, Transplantation Center, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Stem Cells 19:144-50. 2001
..It is likely that donor stromal cells and HSCs trapped in the liver migrate into the recipient BM and spleen, where they form CFU-BM and CFU-S, respectively...