- Goodbye suxamethonium!
Department of Anesthesiology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA
Anaesthesia 64:73-81. 2009
..With the arrival of sugammadex, it finally appears that suxamethonium can be retired. Suxamethonium has done its job and seen its days! The present review is intended to offer a eulogy for suxamethonium...
- Clinical implications of new neuromuscular concepts and agents: so long, neostigmine! So long, sux!
Department of Anesthesiology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
J Crit Care 24:43-9. 2009
..The present article assesses the clinical implications of such therapeutic regimen, and provides an educated guess on how the clinical neuromuscular practice might change, if and when sugammadex becomes clinically available...
- Reversal of profound neuromuscular block by sugammadex administered three minutes after rocuronium: a comparison with spontaneous recovery from succinylcholine
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Anesthesiology 110:1020-5. 2009
..This study compared time to sugammadex reversal of profound rocuronium-induced neuromuscular block with time to spontaneous recovery from succinylcholine...
- The development of ultrashort acting neuromuscular relaxant tropane derivatives
Harbor UCLA Medical Center and LA Biomedical Research Institute, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
J Crit Care 24:58-65. 2009
- Quaternary derivatives of granatanol diesters: potent, ultrashort acting non-depolarizing neuromuscular relaxants
Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 W Carson St, Torrance, California 90509, USA
Life Sci 79:559-69. 2006
..We conclude that the 9-azabicyclo (3.3.1) nonane (granatane) ring system can successfully replace the similar 8-azabicyclo (3.2.1) octane (tropane) ring system in building potent, utrashort acting NMB agents...
- Neuromuscular pharmacology of TAAC3, a new nondepolarizing muscle relaxant with rapid onset and ultrashort duration of action
Department of Anesthesiology, Harbor University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, California 90509, USA
Anesth Analg 94:879-85, table of contents. 2002
..There was no demonstrable sympathetic ganglion block in the cat. In view of its favorable NMB characteristics, TAAC3 is now undergoing detailed preclinical studies...
- Conformation, action, and mechanism of action of neuromuscular blocking muscle relaxants
Department of Anesthesiology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center Campus of UCLA School of Medicine, 1000 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90274, USA
Pharmacol Ther 98:143-69. 2003
..By reflection, the conformations also suggest new details of the topology of the receptive sites of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor modeled for the motor endplate of the skeletal muscle...