Affiliation: St George Hospital University Medical Center
- Resilience-promoting factors in war-exposed adolescents: an epidemiologic studyJohn Fayyad
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, Balamand University, Beirut, Lebanon
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry . 2016..Interventions designed for war-traumatized youth must build individual coping skills of children and adolescents, yet at the same time target parents and teachers in an integrated manner...
- The descriptive epidemiology of DSM-IV Adult ADHD in the World Health Organization World Mental Health SurveysJohn Fayyad
Institute for Development, Research, Advocacy and Applied Care IDRAAC, Beirut, Lebanon
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord . 2016..These results show that adult ADHD is prevalent, seriously impairing, and highly comorbid but vastly under-recognized and undertreated across countries and cultures...
- European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHDSandra J J Kooij
PsyQ, psycho medische programma s, Department Adult ADHD, Carel Reinierszkade 197, Den Haag, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 10:67. 2010..The evidence on persistence poses several difficulties for adult psychiatry considering the lack of expertise for diagnostic assessment, limited treatment options and patient facilities across Europe...
- Cross-national prevalence and correlates of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJ Fayyad
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, St George Hospital University Medical Centre, PO Box 166378, Beirut Achrafieh 1100 2807, Lebanon
Br J Psychiatry 190:402-9. 2007..Little is known about the epidemiology of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Dissemination of an evidence-based intervention to parents of children with behavioral problems in a developing countryJohn A Fayyad
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, Balamand University, Ashrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:629-36. 2010..Successful replication in other developing countries would pave the way to incorporating such programs in national policies given their potential sustainability and cost-effectiveness...