Affiliation: American University of Beirut
- [Growing fracture of the orbital roof. A case report]T Rizk
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hotel Dieu de France, Beyrouth, Liban
Neurochirurgie 45:422-5. 1999..Only 5 similar cases were found in the relevant literature. Growing fracture of the orbital roof should be suspected if ocular symptoms appears in childs who have sustained a head injury several months or years ago...
- Congenital brain tumor in a neonate conceived by in vitro fertilizationT Rizk
Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Childs Nerv Syst 16:501-2. 2000..One other case of brain tumor (medulloblastoma) is reported in a child born after assisted conception. Whether these tumors are causally related to the IVF remains obscure...
- Acute paraplegia revealing an intraspinal neurenteric cyst in a childT Rizk
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, Beirut, Lebanon
Childs Nerv Syst 17:754-7. 2001..This is a unique case in regard both to its clinical presentation and to the excellent outcome after 8 days of complete paraplegia...
- Acute Korsakoff-like amnestic syndrome resulting from left thalamic infarction following a right hippocampal hemorrhageR Rahme
Department of Neurosurgery, Hôtel Dieu de France and Saint Joseph University Faculty of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:759-60. 2007..We also review the literature relevant to the neuropathology and pathophysiology of Korsakoff syndrome and anterograde amnesia...
- [Infections after missile head injury. Experience during the Lebanese civilian war]G Nohra
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hotel Dieu de France, Beyrouth, Liban, France
Neurochirurgie 48:339-44. 2002..Establish the risk factors for infection following missile head injuries (MHI)...
- [Anterior cervical discectomy with or without bone graft placement in the treatment of cervical radiculopathy. Long-term results]G Nohra
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, Beirut, Lebanon
Neurochirurgie 49:571-8. 2003..Anterior approach for cervical radiculopathy is a frequently performed operation in neurosurgery. The goal of this study is to evaluate the short and long-term results of anterior cervical discectomy with and without fusion...
- [Central neurocytoma. Four patients]R Moussa
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, Beyrouth, Liban
Neurochirurgie 50:639-46. 2004..One patient developed tumor recurrence seven years after surgery, without any progression on further follow up evaluation. In the last patient, the tumor showed a more aggressive progression requiring the adjunction of radiosurgery...
- [Megalencephalic leucoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts: a study of a Lebanese family and a review of the literature]S Koussa
Service de Neurologie, Hotel Dieu de France, Université Saint Joseph, Beyrouth, Liban
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:183-91. 2005..Megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts is a rare disease with autosomal recessive inheritance...
- [Vacuolar leucoencephalopathy induced by heroin: 4 cases]S Koussa
Service de Neurologie, Hospital Hotel Dieu de France, Faculte de Medicine, Beyrouth, Liban
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:177-82. 2002..The pathophysiology is unknown and seems different from post-anoxic leucoencephalopathy. The disease is usually progressive leading sometimes to death, but some cases show slow recovery...
- [Tramadol-induced epileptic seizures]S Koussa
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, Beyrouth, Liban
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:1053-4. 2003..Urine analysis showed only the product and its metabolites. Epileptic seizures induced by tramadol and high risk factors are described and discussed...