- Psychosocial interventions for children and adolescents in foster care: review of research literature
John A Landsverk
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, San Diego Children s Hospital, San Diego, California 92123, USA
Child Welfare 88:49-69. 2009
..This paper also makes several recommendations regarding increasing access to mental health care and effective psychosocial interventions for foster care children...
- The implementation research institute: training mental health implementation researchers in the United States
Enola K Proctor
Center for Mental Health Services Research, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St, Louis, 1 Brookings Drive Campus, Box 1196, St, Louis, MO 63130, USA
Implement Sci 8:105. 2013
..Louis. Training is provided through a rigorous curriculum, local and national mentoring, a 'learning site visit' to a federally funded implementation research project, pilot research, and grant writing...
- A collaborative care telemedicine intervention to overcome treatment barriers for Latina women with depression during the perinatal period
Mary J Baker-Ericzen
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Fam Syst Health 30:224-40. 2012
..The intervention seems feasible and acceptable; low-income Latinas, identified as depressed during the perinatal period, reported having access to a range of appropriate community services and high satisfaction...
- Child maltreatment profiles and adjustment problems in high-risk adolescents
Andrea L Hazen
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center, and Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, CA, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:361-78. 2009
..Findings highlight the need for agencies to identify and provide appropriate intervention for youth who experience multiple types of maltreatment...
- Intimate partner violence and psychological functioning in Latina women
Andrea L Hazen
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Rady Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, CA 92123 4282, USA
Health Care Women Int 29:282-99. 2008
..Sexual violence was generally not associated with psychological functioning. The different types of intimate partner violence were not related to participants' self-esteem. Implications for interventions with Latina women are discussed...
- The organizational social context of mental health services and clinician attitudes toward evidence-based practice: a United States national study
Gregory A Aarons
University of California, San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, 9500 Gilman Drive 0812, La Jolla, CA 92093 0812, USA
Implement Sci 7:56. 2012
..We examined the association of clinician attitudes toward evidence-based practice with organizational culture, climate, and other characteristics in a nationally representative sample of mental health organizations in the United States...
- Female caregivers' experiences with intimate partner violence and behavior problems in children investigated as victims of maltreatment
Andrea L Hazen
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, California, USA
Pediatrics 117:99-109. 2006
..We examined the relationship between women's experiences with intimate partner violence and their reports of child behavior problems...
- Racial and ethnic differences in utilization of mental health services among high-risk youths
Ann F Garland
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital and Health Center, 3020 Children s Way MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1336-43. 2005
..The goal of this study was to test for racial/ethnic disparities in use of a variety of outpatient, inpatient, and informal mental health services among high-risk youths, with the effects of other predictive factors controlled...
- Use of mental health services by youths in public sectors of care
Andrea L Hazen
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital, San Diego, California 92123 4282, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 6:213-26. 2004
..In contrast, youths enumerated from the juvenile justice system tended to have the lowest rates of use. Additional research is needed to refine our understanding of the factors associated with the observed patterns of service use...
- The San Diego East County school shootings: a qualitative study of community-level post-traumatic stress
Lawrence A Palinkas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92093 0807, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:113-21. 2004
..Within one month (March 2001), two separate incidents of school shootings occurred at two different high schools within the same school district in San Diego's East County...