Affiliation: Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience
- [Expression of Fas, FasL and Bcl-2 and apoptosis of bone marrow CD34+ cells in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome]Zhe Zhang
Department of Laboratory Diagnosis, The First Hospital, Ningbo 315010, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 11:274-7. 2003..During the progress from MDS to AML, apoptosis changes from overgoing to deficiency in CD34(+) cell...
- OxLDL upregulates CXCR2 expression in monocytes via scavenger receptors and activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZhu Bin Lei
Department of Cardiology, General Hospital of Jinan Military Area, Jinan 250031, China
Cardiovasc Res 53:524-32. 2002..In the present study, we examined the modulating effect of oxLDL on expression of CXCR2 and its functional effect in monocytes...
- Syndecan captures, protects, and transmits HIV to T lymphocytesMichael D Bobardt
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Immunity 18:27-39. 2003..Moreover, we obtain evidence suggesting that the vast syndecan-rich endothelial lining of the vasculature can provide a microenvironment which boosts HIV replication in T cells...
- Airway epithelia regulate expression of human beta-defensin 2 through Toll-like receptor 2Xiaorong Wang
Department of Medicine, Medical Genetics Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
FASEB J 17:1727-9. 2003..These data provide convincing evidence that up-regulation of hBD2 can be induced through hTLR2-mediated NFkappaB/IkappaB pathway in the human airway epithelial cells...
- [Expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin in kidney of diabetic rats]Hong Li
The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 34:152-6. 2005..To investigate the expression of alpha smooth muscle actin (alphaSMA), a marker of myofibroblast in kidney of diabetic rats and its role in pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy...
- Syndecan recycling [corrected] is controlled by syntenin-PIP2 interaction and Arf6Pascale Zimmermann
Laboratory for Glycobiology and Developmental Genetics, Department of Human Genetics, University of Leuven, Belgium
Dev Cell 9:377-88. 2005..This syntenin-mediated syndecan recycling pathway may regulate the surface availability of a number of cell adhesion and signaling molecules...
- Spermine oxidase SMO(PAOh1), Not N1-acetylpolyamine oxidase PAO, is the primary source of cytotoxic H2O2 in polyamine analogue-treated human breast cancer cell linesAllison Pledgie
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39843-51. 2005..These data suggested that SSAT and SMO(PAOh1) activities are the major mediators of the cellular response of breast tumor cells to BENSpm and that PAO plays little or no role in this response...