- Protein and mRNA expression of notch pathway components in operable tumors of patients with laryngeal cancer
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 34:6495-503. 2014
..There exist substantial evidence that laryngeal cancer represents a unique entity among squamous head and neck carcinomas...
- Lack of association between KRAS mutations and 18F-FDG PET/CT in Caucasian metastatic colorectal cancer patients
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, Nea Efkarpia Ring Road, PC 564 29, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 34:2571-9. 2014
..In this retrospective study, we examined whether (18)F-Fluorodeoxyglucose positron-emission tomography/computed tomography ((18)F-FDG PET/CT) scans can serve as a surrogate examination for KRAS mutational testing...
- Expression profiling of 21 biomolecules in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomas of Caucasian patients
Department of Medical Oncology Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Ring Road of Thessaloniki, Nea Efkarpia, Thessaloniki, PC, 56403, Greece
BMC Clin Pathol 13:1. 2013
- Novel microRNA-based assay demonstrates 92% agreement with diagnosis based on clinicopathologic and management data in a cohort of patients with carcinoma of unknown primary
Department of Medical Oncology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Mol Cancer 12:57. 2013
..MicroRNAs are a family of non-coding, regulatory RNA molecules that are tissue-specific, with a great potential to be excellent biomarkers...
- Global microRNA profiling in favorable prognosis subgroups of cancer of unknown primary (CUP) demonstrates no significant expression differences with metastases of matched known primary tumors
Department of Medical Oncology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Niarxou Avenue, 45500 Ioannina, Greece
Clin Exp Metastasis 30:431-9. 2013
..0- and 1.4-fold respectively. Six miRs, which belong to the 17-92 oncocluster showed a trend of upregulation in Breast CUP versus Breast KPM cases. A CUP signature remains elusive...
- The prognostic significance of WNT pathway in surgically-treated colorectal cancer: β-catenin expression predicts for disease-free survival
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital of Larissa, 41 110 Larissa, Greece
Anticancer Res 33:4573-84. 2013
- Profiling immunohistochemical expression of NOTCH1-3, JAGGED1, cMET, and phospho-MAPK in 100 carcinomas of unknown primary
Department of Medical Oncology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:603-14. 2012
..001). Our study points to the MAPK and cMET axes as crucial in defining cancer progression and outcome in CUP patients and, if validated, could justify attempts at their therapeutic modulation...
- Expression of DNA repair and replication genes in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a role for thymidylate synthetase (TYMS)
Department of Pathology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Greece
BMC Cancer 12:342. 2012
..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic/predictive impact of B, E, R, T in routinely-treated NSCLC patients by taking into account the expression of these genes in the normal lung parenchyma...