- [Results of different surgical methods in management of hepatic hydatidosis]
Hirurska klinika, Klinicko Bolnicki Centar Kosova, Pristina, Kosovo, UNMIK
Med Arh 60:23-5. 2006
..In the past were used different surgical methods to manage liver hydatidosis, but, a method of choice still is not found, especially for treatment of large liver hydatid cysts...
- A comparison of three single layer anastomotic techniques in the colon of the rat
University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Department of Abdominal Surgery, Prishtina, Kosovo
Int J Surg 7:31-5. 2009
..Although intestinal anastomoses are mainly made by staplers, manual anastomoses are still in use worldwide. In previous studies, single layer anastomosis has shown better results compared to double layer techniques...
- Acute abdomen caused by ingested chicken wishbone: a case report
Faton T Hoxha
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo
Cases J 2:64. 2009
..An ingested foreign body often passes the gastrointestinal tract without any complications. Foreign bodies, such as dentures, fish bones, chicken bones, and toothpicks, have been known to cause perforation of the GI tract...
- Subtotal resection and omentoplasty of the epidermoid splenic cyst: a case report
Avdyl S Krasniqi
University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Rrethi Spitalit str p n Prishtina, 10000, Republic of Kosovo
Cases J 2:6382. 2009
..Nonparasitic splenic cysts are uncommon clinical entity and because of it, there is no information regarding their optimal surgical treatment...
- Primary hydatid cyst of the gallbladder: a case report
University Clinical Center of Kosovo, Division of Abdominal Surgery, Medical School University of Prishtina, Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo
J Med Case Rep 4:29. 2010
..So far, only five cases that fulfill the criteria of primary gallbladder hydatidosis have been published in the English medical literature...
- Compound double ileoileal and ileocecocolic intussusception caused by lipoma of the ileum in an adult patient: A case report
Avdyl S Krasniqi
Department of Surgery, University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Rrethi Spitalit street, PN, 10 000, Prishtina, Kosovo
J Med Case Rep 5:452. 2011
..We report the case of an adult patient with complicated double ileoileal and ileocecocolic intussusception...
- Mesenteric Meckel's diverticulum or intestinal duplication cyst: A case report with review of literature
Astrit R Hamza
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Clinic of Surgery, University Clinical Centre of Kosova UCCK, 10000, Prishtina, Kosovo Faculty of Medicine, University of Prishtina, 10000, Prishtina, Kosovo
Int J Surg Case Rep 26:50-2. 2016
..They arise from the middle-to-distal ileum. Contrary to MD, intestinal duplication cyst (IDC) is uncommon congenital anomaly of GI, but can occur anywhere from the tongue to the anus...
- Intussusceptions as acute abdomen caused by Burkitt lymphoma: a case report
Faton T Hoxha
University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Rrethi Spitalit str p n, Prishtina 10000, Republic of Kosovo
Cases J 2:9322. 2009
..The abdomen is the most frequent onset site of non endemic Burkitt's lymphoma. Symptoms are often misleading and make diagnosis difficult. Ileum intussusception as acute abdomen caused by Burkitt lymphoma is rare...
- Simultaneous laparoscopic cholecystectomy and removal of an intrauterine device translocated to the right subdiaphragmal region: a case report
Department of Surgery, University Clinical Centre of Kosova, Rrethi Spitalit str p n, Prishtina, 10000, Republic of Kosovo
Cases J 2:6198. 2009
..Intrauterine devices are often accompanied by various complications, of which the uterine perforation constitutes the most dangerous one...