Affiliation: Skin Research Institute
- Phytosphingosine stimulates the differentiation of human keratinocytes and inhibits TPA-induced inflammatory epidermal hyperplasia in hairless mouse skinSujong Kim
Skin Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Yongin si, Kyounggi, Korea
Mol Med 12:17-24. 2006....
- Compound K induces expression of hyaluronan synthase 2 gene in transformed human keratinocytes and increases hyaluronan in hairless mouse skinSujong Kim
R and D Center, Amore Pacific Corporation, 314 1 Borari, Kiheung eup, Yongin si, Kyounggi do 449 729, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:348-55. 2004..Our study suggests that topical application of compound K might prevent or improve the deteriorations, such as xerosis and wrinkles, partly ascribed to the age-dependent decrease of the HA content in human skin...
- Support vector machine quantile regression for detecting differentially expressed genes in microarray analysisI Sohn
Skin Research Institute, AMOREPACIFIC R and D Center, 314 1 Sanggal dong, Kiheung Gu, Yongin si, Kyounggi do 449 729, Korea
Methods Inf Med 47:459-67. 2008..Several statistical methods have been suggested, but some of them result in high false positive rates because they make very strong parametric assumptions...
- Hepatic gene expression profiles in a long-term high-fat diet-induced obesity mouse modelSujong Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, 17, Haengdang dong, Seongdong Gu, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
Gene 340:99-109. 2004..These results revealed a transcriptional adaptation to long-term HFD and provided interesting information about the molecules involved in the development and maintenance of the obesity phenotype in vivo...
- Inhibition of skin pigmentation by an extract of Lepidium apetalum and its possible implication in IL-6 mediated signalingHyunjung Choi
Skin Research Institute, R and D Center, Amore Pacific Corporation, Kyounggi Do, Korea
Pigment Cell Res 18:439-46. 2005....
- Influence of N-glycan processing disruption on tyrosinase and melanin synthesis in HM3KO melanoma cellsHyunjung Choi
Skin Research Institute, R and D Center, Amore Pacific Corp, Yongin si, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Exp Dermatol 16:110-7. 2007..Accordingly, we propose that ESSCM is a potential candidate for treating undesirable hyperpigmentation conditions, such as melasma, postinflammatory melanoderma, and solar lentigo...
- Age-associated decrease in proteasome content and activities in human dermal fibroblasts: restoration of normal level of proteasome subunits reduces aging markers in fibroblasts from elderly personsJung Sun Hwang
Skin Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation, R and D Center, Gyeonggi Do, South Korea
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:490-9. 2007..These findings suggest that proteasome malfunction may contribute to the aging process in human skin and that the maintenance of normal proteasome activities could delay skin aging...
- Deoxypodophyllotoxin reduces skin pigmentation of brown Guinea pigsHyunjung Choi
Skin Research Institute, R and D Center, Amore Pacific Corp, Kyounggi Do, Korea
Planta Med 70:378-80. 2004....
- Alternative evaluation method in vitro for the water-resistant effect of sunscreen productsSungyeon Ahn
Skin Research Institute, Amore Pacific Corporation, Yongin, Korea
Skin Res Technol 14:187-91. 2008..In this study, we suggest the development of an in vitro test that can predict the result of in vivo water resistance of sunscreens...
- Comparison of objective and sensory skin irritations of several cosmetic preservativesEunyoung Lee
Skin Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Yongin 449 719, Korea
Contact Dermatitis 56:131-6. 2007..Therefore, for the development of new preservatives and cosmetics, it is important to evaluate skin sensory irritation of preservatives used in cosmetic products according to the type of formulations...
- Correlation between a Cutometer and quantitative evaluation using Moire topography in age-related skin elasticitySungyeon Ahn
Skin Research Institute, R and D Center, AmorePacific Corporation, Yongin, 449 729, Korea
Skin Res Technol 13:280-4. 2007..So it is needed that the method for measuring skin elasticity is able to reflect perception about the change of the skin state...
- Comparison and correlation between stinging responses to lactic acid and bioengineering parametersSusun An
Skin Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Yongin si, Gyeonggi Do 446 729, Korea
Contact Dermatitis 57:158-62. 2007..Our data indicate that there is a relationship between the degree of stinging and the skin barrier function. However, we believe that various additional studies are necessary to characterize skin of stingers and the pathogenesis...
- An in vitro phototoxicity assay battery (photohaemolysis and 3T3 NRU PT test) to assess phototoxic potential of fragrancesChunja Nam
Skin Research Institute, AMOREPACIFIC R and D Center, Borari 314 1, Giheung eup, Yongin si, Gyeonggi do 449 729, Korea
Altern Lab Anim 32:693-7. 2004..We suggest that a battery composed of the 3T3 NRU PT test and the photohaemolysis test is a simple and effective model for the in vitro phototoxicity assay of fragrances...
- Development of 5-[(3-aminopropyl)phosphinooxy]-2-(hydroxymethyl)-4H-pyran-4-one as a novel whitening agentDuck Hee Kim
R and D Center, Amore Pacific Corporation, Borari, Kiheung up, Yongin si, Kyounggi Do, Korea
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:113-6. 2003..Its permeation through skin increased by about 8 times as compared with kojic acid...
- Influence of polyol and oil concentration in cosmetic products on skin moisturization and skin surface roughnessEunjoo Kim
Skin Research Institute, Amore Pacific Corporation R and D Center, Yongin si, Korea
Skin Res Technol 13:417-24. 2007..We investigated the effect of polyol and oil concentration on skin properties by noninvasive methods...
- Transcriptional profiling in human HaCaT keratinocytes in response to kaempferol and identification of potential transcription factors for regulating differential gene expressionByung Young Kang
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:208-19. 2008..Our microarray analysis has provided useful information for determining the genetic regulatory network affected by kaempferol, and this approach will be useful for elucidating gene-phytochemical interactions...