Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Seoul National University
- Invariant NKT cells regulate experimental autoimmune uveitis through inhibition of Th17 differentiationKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Immunol 41:392-402. 2011..Our results indicate that invariant NKT cells inhibited autoimmune uveitis predominantly through the cytokine-independent inhibition of Th17 differentiation...
- CP-690550, a Janus kinase inhibitor, suppresses CD4+ T-cell-mediated acute graft-versus-host disease by inhibiting the interferon-γ pathwayHyung Bae Park
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Transplantation 90:825-35. 2010..Here, we evaluated the protective effect of CP-690550, a newly developed Janus kinase inhibitor, in an acute GVHD model...
- Transglutaminase 2 exacerbates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis through positive regulation of encephalitogenic T cell differentiation and inflammationKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 103 Daehak ro Jongno gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Immunol 145:122-32. 2012..This study is the first to report a pathogenic role for TG2 in the EAE progress and suggests that therapeutic targeting of TG2 may be effective against multiple sclerosis...
- Airway epithelial cells initiate the allergen response through transglutaminase 2 by inducing IL-33 expression and a subsequent Th2 responseKeunhee Oh
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Laboratory of Immunology and Cancer Biology, Seoul, Korea
Respir Res 14:35. 2013..In this study, we evaluated the role of TG2 in the pathogenesis of allergic asthma, particularly whether TG2 affects initial activation signaling leading to Th2 differentiation against antigens...
- Donor-strain-derived immature dendritic cell pre-treatment induced hyporesponsiveness against allogeneic antigensHee Gyung Kang
Kidney Research Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Immunology 129:567-77. 2010..Consequently, FIDC-induced T-cell hyporesponsiveness could reflect anergy rather than specific deletion. Our findings suggest that FIDCs of donor strain could be used to induce long-term graft survival...
- Both CD45RA+ and CD45RO+ human CD4+ T cells drive direct xenogeneic T-cell responses against porcine aortic endothelial cellsChi Hwa Kim
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Xenotransplantation 17:224-32. 2010..Here, we sought to determine whether human peripheral blood memory/activated phenotype T cells are directly responsive to porcine endothelial cells...
- Epithelial transglutaminase 2 is needed for T cell interleukin-17 production and subsequent pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis in bleomycin-treated miceKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences Transplantation Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Exp Med 208:1707-19. 2011..Therefore, TG2 represents an interesting potential target for therapeutic intervention...
- The effect of alloferon on the enhancement of NK cell cytotoxicity against cancer via the up-regulation of perforin/granzyme B secretionSeyeon Bae
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Immunobiology 218:1026-33. 2013..All taken together, these results suggest that alloferon has anti-tumor effects through up-regulation of NK-activating receptor 2B4 and the enhancement of granule exocytosis from NK cells...
- Prognostic and functional importance of the engraftment-associated genes in the patient-derived xenograft models of triple-negative breast cancersHyeong Gon Moon
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, 110 744, Seoul, Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 154:13-22. 2015..Our results show that the PDX engraftment may reflect the aggressive phenotype in breast cancer. Genes associated with the PDX engraftment may provide a novel prognostic biomarker and therapeutic targets in TNBC. ..
- Intratumoral administration of secondary lymphoid chemokine and unmethylated cytosine-phosphorothioate-guanine oligodeoxynucleotide synergistically inhibits tumor growth in vivoSo Mi Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Transplantation Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:1270-6. 2011..These results suggest that the combined use of chemokines and adjuvant molecules may be a possible strategy in clinical tumor immunotherapy...
- Memory programming in CD8(+) T-cell differentiation is intrinsic and is not determined by CD4 helpJuhyun Kim
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Nat Commun 6:7994. 2015..These results suggest that the memory programme is CD8(+) T-cell-intrinsic, and provide insight into the role of CD4 help in CD8(+) T-cell responses. ..
- Murine Sca1(+)Lin(-) bone marrow contains an endodermal precursor population that differentiates into hepatocytesKeunhee Oh
Biomedical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 47:e187. 2015..The presence of equivalent endodermal precursor populations in human bone marrow would facilitate the development of these cells into an effective treatment modality for chronic liver diseases. ..
- Anti-asthmatic activities of an ethanol extract of Aster yomena in an ovalbumin-induced murine asthma modelJi Hyun Sim
1 Department of Anatomy and Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Med Food 17:606-11. 2014..yomena extract. These findings suggest that A. yomena could be a promising natural agent for treating bronchial asthma in humans...
- Transglutaminase 2 facilitates the distant hematogenous metastasis of breast cancer by modulating interleukin-6 in cancer cellsKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Interdisciplinary Program of Tumor Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon dong Chongno gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Breast Cancer Res 13:R96. 2011....
- Maturation-resistant dendritic cells ameliorate experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Transplantation Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Immune Netw 11:399-405. 2011..Recently our group reported that donor strain-derived immature DC pretreatment successfully controlled the adverse immune response during allogeneic transplantation...
- Porcine PD-L1: cloning, characterization, and implications during xenotransplantationDae Hyun Jeon
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Stem Cell Differentiation, Cancer Research Institute, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Xenotransplantation 14:236-42. 2007..Endogenous negative regulatory signals like the programmed death 1 (PD-1)-programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1) system are candidate targets for the control of cell-mediated xenogeneic immune response...
- Direct regulatory role of NKT cells in allogeneic graft survival is dependent on the quantitative strength of antigenicityKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Immunol 174:2030-6. 2005..Taken together, we concluded that CD1d-dependent NKT cells may directly affect the outcome of allogeneic skin graft through an IL-10-dependent regulatory mechanism...
- Cytogenetic heterogeneity and their serial dynamic changes during acquisition of cytogenetic aberrations in cultured mesenchymal stem cellsJung Ah Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Mutat Res 777:60-8. 2015..In particular, we believe it is critical to test for chromosomal aberrations using both G-banding and FISH to ensure the safety of human stem cells that are manufactured in vitro for clinical applications. ..
- A receptor-independent, cell-based JAK activation assay for screening for JAK3-specific inhibitorsKeunhee Oh
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Republic of Korea
J Immunol Methods 354:45-52. 2010..Thus, we generated a receptor-independent, cell-based selective screening system for specific JAK3 inhibitors, which is easily convertible to a high-throughput screening platform...