- Effect of exogenous melatonin on the ovarian follicles in gamma-irradiated mouse
J K Kim
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 150 Dukjin dong, Yusong gu, Taejon, South Korea
Mutat Res 449:33-9. 2000
- Effects of gamma-radiation on ovarian follicles
Y K Lee
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Taejon, Korea
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 49:147-53. 1998
- Quantitative evaluation of the parameters of bacterial photoreactivation after exposure to ultraviolet light and ionizing radiation
J K Kim
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Daejeon, Korea
Int J Radiat Biol 81:55-62. 2005
..It is concluded that the mathematical approach used here may be useful to reveal some new relationships between the parameters of photoreactivation...
- Molecular cloning of the leuB genes from Mycobacterium bovis BCG and Mycobacterium tuberculosis
M Y Han
Molecular Cellular Biology Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yusong, Taejon, Korea
Biochem Mol Biol Int 41:657-63. 1997
..011 bp encoding isopropylmalate dehydrogenase with a calculated molecular weight of 42 kDa. The leuB gene of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from Korean tuberculosis patient is shown to be identical to that of BCG except one bp...
- Some general regularities of synergistic interaction of hyperthermia with various physical and chemical inactivating agents
V G Petin
Biophysical Laboratory, Medical Radiological Research Center, Obninsk, Kaluga Region, Russia
Int J Hyperthermia 18:40-9. 2002
..e. as the dose rate or concentration is reduced, the temperature for maximum synergism decreases. Possible interpretations of the mechanisms responsible for these relationships of synergy are discussed...
- Mitotic recombination and inactivation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae induced by UV-radiation (254 nm) and hyperthermia depend on UV fluence rate
V G Petin
Biophysical Laboratory, Medical Radiological Research Center, 249030 Obninsk, Kaluga Region, Russia
Mutat Res 478:169-76. 2001
..The interpretation of the data obtained was carried out within the widely accepted point of view considering the synergistic effects as a result of repair ability damage...
- Characterization of UV-irradiated dense/porous collagen membranes: morphology, enzymatic degradation, and mechanical properties
J E Lee
Department of Medical Engineering, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 42:172-9. 2001
..Our results suggest that UV treatment is a useful tool for the fabrication of collagen membranes designed to be used as dermal dressings...
- Induction and repair of DNA damage as measured by the Comet assay and the yield of somatic mutations in gamma-irradiated tobacco seedlings
Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Na Karlovce 1a, 160 00 6, Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 491:17-23. 2001
..Data on the kinetics of DNA repair and of DNA damage induced by gamma-radiation on isolated tobacco nuclei, and on nuclei isolated from irradiated leaves and roots are presented...
- Mutational definition of RNA-binding and protein-protein interaction domains of heterogeneous nuclear RNP C1
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6148, USA
J Biol Chem 276:7681-8. 2001
..The experimental approach we described should be generally applicable for the screening and identification of amino acids that play a role in the binding of proteins to nucleic acid substrates...
- Cloning and sequencing of the secY gene homolog from Mycobacterium bovis BCG
J K Kim
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Taejon, Korea
Biochem Mol Biol Int 43:391-8. 1997
..Comparative analyses of the deduced amino acid sequence of additional partial ORF revealed strong similarity to the known adenylate kinases...
- Polarity effect of the thimble-type ionization chamber at a low dose rate
Yong Kyun Kim
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Daejeon 305 600, Republic of Korea
Phys Med Biol 50:4995-5003. 2005