Joo Cheol Shim
Affiliation: Inje University
- Prevalence of bone mineral density loss in Korean patients with schizophrenia: a cross-sectional studyDo Un Jung
Department of Psychiatry, Dongseo Hospital, Masan, Republic of Korea
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1391-6. 2006..This study investigates bone mineral density (BMD) and the association between BMD and hormonal changes in Korean patients with schizophrenia...
- Treating symptomatic hyperprolactinemia in women with schizophrenia: presentation of the ongoing DAAMSEL clinical trial (Dopamine partial Agonist, Aripiprazole, for the Management of Symptomatic ELevated prolactin)Deanna L Kelly
School of Medicine, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
BMC Psychiatry 13:214. 2013..More attention and focus are needed to address these significant side effects and help the field better personalize the treatment of women with schizophrenia. ..
- Adjunctive varenicline treatment with antipsychotic medications for cognitive impairments in people with schizophrenia: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trialJoo Cheol Shim
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, Republic of Korea
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:660-8. 2012..In some cases, effects of treatment varied between smokers and non-smokers. Further study is required to assess the functional significance of these changes...
- Adjunctive treatment with a dopamine partial agonist, aripiprazole, for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia: a placebo-controlled trialJoo Cheol Shim
Clinical Trial Center, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Pharmacology, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University, Busan 614 735, Republic of Korea
Am J Psychiatry 164:1404-10. 2007..The authors investigated the effect of adjunctive treatment with aripiprazole on hyperprolactinemia and psychopathology in patients with schizophrenia maintained with haloperidol...
- Adjunctive varenicline treatment for smoking reduction in patients with schizophrenia: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trialDong Wook Jeon
Department of Psychiatry, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Schizophr Res 176:206-11. 2016..This study examined the effects of varenicline treatment on smoking reduction in patients with schizophrenia...
- Cortisol response to buspirone in extended abstinent alcoholicsYoung Hoon Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Busan Paik Hospital 633 165 Gaegum Dong, Busanjin Gu, 614 735, Republic of Korea
Alcohol Alcohol 39:287-9. 2004..Our results show that cortisol response to buspirone was significantly decreased in alcoholic patients compared to normal controls, reflecting decreased 5-HT1A receptor sensitivity...
- Bone mineral density and osteoporosis risk in older patients with schizophreniaDo Un Jung
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Pharmacology, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University, Busan, Republic of Korea
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:406-10. 2011..People with schizophrenia are at a higher risk for osteoporosis. The authors investigated the prevalence of low bone density and its risk factors in older Korean patients with schizophrenia...
- Differences in cognitive function and daily living skills between early- and late-stage schizophreniaSung Jin Kim
a Department of Psychiatry, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University, Busan, Korea
Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract 19:245-51. 2015..This study was performed to assess the difference in cognitive function and daily living skills between the early- and late-stage schizophrenia...
- Tardive dyskinesia predicts prolactin response to buspirone challenge in people with schizophreniaJoo Cheol Shim
Department of Psychiatry, Inje University, Busan, Korea
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 17:221-6. 2005..This finding suggests that decreased dopamine (D(2)) receptor sensitivity may result in lower risk of developing TD and may lead to a fuller understanding of the variable expression of D(2)-receptor mediated side effects...
- The prevalence of hyperprolactinemia after long-term haloperidol use in patients with chronic schizophreniaDo Un Jung
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:613-5. 2005
- Aripiprazole treatment causes extrapyramidal side effects but not prolactin elevation: a disconnect of the striatal D2 occupancy story: case reportJoo Cheol Shim
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:353-4. 2008
- Lifetime psychiatric symptoms in persons with schizophrenia who died by suicide compared to other means of deathDeanna L Kelly
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
J Psychiatr Res 38:531-6. 2004..Individuals who die by suicide experience higher rates of depressive symptoms, suicidal thoughts and positive symptoms during their life...
- Cardiovascular disease in relation to weight in deceased persons with schizophreniaRobert R Conley
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21228, USA
Compr Psychiatry 46:460-7. 2005....
- Combined effects of itraconazole and CYP2D6*10 genetic polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of haloperidol in healthy subjectsJi Young Park
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics Research Center, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:135-42. 2006..The moderate effect of CYP2D6*10 genotype on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of haloperidol seems to be augmented by the presence of itraconazole pretreatment...
- Fluoxetine augmentation of haloperidol in chronic schizophreniaJoo Cheol Shim
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:520-2. 2003