- Can value-based insurance impose societal costs?
KNG Health Consulting, LLC, Rockville, Md Electronic address
Value Health 17:749-51. 2014
..In April 2011, the state of Oregon introduced a policy for public employees that required additional cost sharing for high-cost procedures such as total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Economic evaluation of access to musculoskeletal care: the case of waiting for total knee arthroplasty
Richard C Mather
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, England
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:22. 2014
..Other developed nations have used rationing and wait times to distribute this service. However, economic impact and cost-effectiveness of waiting for TKA is unknown...
- How does accounting for worker productivity affect the measured cost-effectiveness of lumbar discectomy?
KNG Health Consulting, LLC, 15245 Shady Grove Road, Suite 305, Rockville, MD, 20850, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 472:1069-79. 2014
..Disc herniation surgery is effective in reducing pain and improving function. However, few studies have examined the effects of surgery on worker productivity...
- Modeling the indirect economic implications of musculoskeletal disorders and treatment
Timothy M Dall
IHS Global Inc, 1150 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 401, Washington, DC, 20036, USA
Cost Eff Resour Alloc 11:5. 2013
- Growth of ambulatory surgical centers, surgery volume, and savings to medicare
KNG Health Consulting LLC, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:10-5. 2013
..The study demonstrates that continued growth of ASCs could reduce Medicare spending, because ASCs are paid a fraction of the amount paid to hospital outpatient departments for the same services...
- The direct and indirect costs to society of treatment for end-stage knee osteoarthritis
KNG Health Consulting, 1445 Research Boulevard, Suite 320, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1473-80. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to estimate the value of total knee arthroplasty from a societal perspective, including the costs and benefits to patients, employers, and payers...
- Surgery for hip fracture yields societal benefits that exceed the direct medical costs
Econometrica, Inc, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 472:3536-46. 2014
..Surgical treatment of hip fractures can achieve better survival and functional outcomes than nonoperative treatment, but less is known about its economic benefits...
- The Role of Long-term Acute Care Hospitals in Treating the Critically Ill and Medically Complex: An Analysis of Nonventilator Patients
KNG Health Consulting, LLC, Rockville, MD Formerly KNG Health Consulting, LLC, Baltimore, MD
Med Care 53:582-90. 2015
..Little evidence exists on the effects of receiving care in a long-term acute care hospital (LTCH)...