- The specificity of maternal disclosure of HIV/AIDS in relation to children's adjustment
Sheri B Kirshenbaum
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:1-16. 2002
..However, the specificity of disclosure did not otherwise predict children's adaptive functioning...
- The female condom: attitudes and experiences among HIV-positive heterosexual women and men
A Elizabeth Hirky
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Women Health 37:71-89. 2003
- "Throwing the dice": pregnancy decision-making among HIV-positive women in four U.S. cities
Sheri B Kirshenbaum
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, New York, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 36:106-13. 2004
..A better understanding of the interaction between HIV and family planning is needed, especially as antiretroviral medications allow HIV-positive women to live longer, healthier lives...
- Medication adherence and sexual risk behavior among HIV-infected adults: implications for transmission of resistant virus
Robert H Remien
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, NY State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
AIDS Behav 11:663-75. 2007
..There is a need for targeted interventions and integration of mental health and substance use services into primary HIV care settings...
- HIV transmission risk behavior among men and women living with HIV in 4 cities in the United States
Lance S Weinhardt
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:1057-66. 2004
..In addition to the more traditional approaches of HIV test counseling and of focusing on persons not infected, intensive prevention programs for persons with HIV infection are needed to stem the future spread of the virus...
- The Healthy Living Project: an individually tailored, multidimensional intervention for HIV-infected persons
Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53202, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 17:21-39. 2005
..However, the intervention was designed to be useful for prevention case management, settings where repeated one-on-one contact is possible, and where a structured but highly individualized intervention approach is desired...
- Psychological distress, substance use, and adjustment among parents living with HIV
Rise B Goldstein
Center for Community Health, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:362-73. 2005
..Being a parent, especially a custodial parent, living with HIV was anticipated to increase psychological distress and challenges to self-care...
- Effects of behavioral intervention on substance use among people living with HIV: the Healthy Living Project randomized controlled study
F Lennie Wong
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Addiction 103:1206-14. 2008
..Reductions in substance use were examined in response to an intensive intervention with people living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) (PLH)...